Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Hughes & Kettner Owner's Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by colchar, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Lost Planet Airman Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.

Thanks Creeper! I used it a lot last year. I was even surprised how good it sounded at times. I did a lot of work trying to use the MIDI on it with a TC Nova System in the loop and a Midi Mouse for switching. I found the results not worth the effort. It sounded good but it required way more cables. I went back to my Bluesbreaker and pedalboard with 3 cables. The poor H&K is out in the garage. I may sell it.

2. shovelmike

shovelmike Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2013
    Missouri
    New Hughes and Kettner owner

I just bought a Tubemeister 18 head, 112 cab, and the foot switch. All the goodies arrived yesterday, and despite having family emergencies got to give it a few test sessions. I had been looking at moderate powered heads with annenuator/power soak. Some of the Bugera's and Beringers seemed to be priced right, but the reviews reflected questionable quality control.
    I decided to spend a little more and get real quality, this thing is plain gorgeous.

3. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.

They really are nice amps.

4. bish0p34

bish0p34 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 11, 2013
    Alexandria, Va.
    I know I'm crazy, but I'm adding yet another H&K to my collection. My wife bought me a Grandmeister as an anniversary present! I also have a Switchblade combo that's not here at the house with me. Here's the rest of them though.

[​IMG]

5. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.

Ok you win!!!!

6. wildhawk

wildhawk Most Honored Senior Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Here
    Lit up better than a Christmas tree. Angel or Star for the top please. :cool:

7. Fireball519

Fireball519 Strat-Talker

Oct 4, 2015
    Walland, TN
    Tubemeister 18 here...love it! Great and and surprisingly a lot of headroom.

8. OLDGREYGIT

OLDGREYGIT Senior Stratmaster

Feb 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Does a Replex and a Rotosphere count?
    Replex, can't live without it.
    Rotosphere...........the sound of frying bacon.

9. AllanR

AllanR Strat-Talker

Jan 7, 2012
    Toronto
    Just joined this club with a Tubemeister 36. Loving it.
    [​IMG]

10. shovelmike

shovelmike Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2013
    Missouri
    Congrats on the very nice H & K amp. I'm sure the TM 36 is great, though my 18 rattles the windows quite effectively.

11. rich724

rich724 Strat-Talker

May 18, 2013
    Linden, MI
    Has anyone tried using 6v6 tubes in the TM 18?

12. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Strat-Talk Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Barnesville, ga
    I know it's an old thread but I figured I'd give it a bump. I'm fairly new to the strat forum with my new 2016 American standard. I also happen to own a grandmeister 36. Just came across this thread and figured I'd toss my hat in as well.

Love my GM36, best and most versatile amp I have used. Rocks the house with the new EH tubes and the TM212 cabinet which I have swapped the v30 out of in favor of K100's. Huge tone and massive bottom end.. Glad to be an H&K owner. The Triamp or duotone is next for me!

13. progfan61

progfan61 Strat-Talker

Oct 20, 2012
    Harrison Twp.MI.
    I'm new to the club as of today; haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet, but so far, I'm impressed.
    [​IMG]

AllanR likes this.

14. J200george

J200george Strat-Talker

Dec 6, 2013
    Scotland
    Just noticed the Grandmeister 40 deluxe, and I'm salivating at the prospect of hooking it up to my boss Es-8.

Sounds like this might be my perfect amp, tubes and switching effects.

They are thin on the ground at present as they are just new, I'll wait for a few more reviews then look to move on my Mesa lonestar special.

progfan61 likes this.

15. DerRobert

DerRobert Strat-Talk Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Leubsdorf
    Hi there!

I habe a Tubemeister 18 twelve Combo with the rockdriver 60 speaker. I really dig the sound of the two channels and that it 's packed with features. I habe two little kids and with the red box I can play a tubeamp with headphones! Amazing! :D

But I habe a question too. What do you think of the built in boost? IMO it sounds a bit harsh with a Strat, but awesome with some passive humbuckers...