Humbucker Music...your experience?

Doc538

Strat-Talker
Silver Member
Dec 10, 2017
Ma
I'm with, who are they ? never heard of them ! Are they online only or a National Brand ? If they are national then it sucks for them that no-one here knows them :)

grritz

The guitar plays me
Silver Member
May 2, 2014
Rock Hill, SC
I'm with, who are they ? never heard of them ! Are they online only or a National Brand ? If they are national then it sucks for them that no-one here knows them :)
Go to:

Dick Blackmore

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2017
Black Hole
They has a Custom Shop 58 Jazzmaster Sonic Blue/ or aged Olympic White I don’t remember, that I came really close to buying last year, I talked to them on the phone several times, they were very nice folks. Somebody swooped in and bought it while I was still inquiring. I was hoping to find a closer to California or a California dealer. Missed out. Probably for the best since I quit playing.

AV59

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 3, 2015
New York
They had a couple nice team built custom shop ‘59s, I was considering one, but then I found a really nice used AV ‘59 on reverb and I went that route. I also remember them having a nice selection of mesa boogie amps, but ended up going Fender Deluxe instead.

I have heard of them, but haven’t dealt with them, can’t really help you.

dirocyn

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 20, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
This is just a guitar shop, from their website the physical location is in Rossville, Georgia (across the line from Chattanooga TN).

There's no reason for anyone to have heard of some small-time guitar shop outside of Chattanooga, it is not a shop with national prominence. That would be a 2 hour drive for me, in theory I could check them out in person. There are a LOT of guitar shops closer, though.

grritz

The guitar plays me
Silver Member
May 2, 2014
Rock Hill, SC
This is just a guitar shop, from their website the physical location is in Rossville, Georgia (across the line from Chattanooga TN).

There's no reason for anyone to have heard of some small-time guitar shop outside of Chattanooga, it is not a shop with national prominence. That would be a 2 hour drive for me, in theory I could check them out in person. There are a LOT of guitar shops closer, though.
Hmmm...from what I can tell online, Humbucker is more than "...just a guitar shop." Looks like their clientele is national, perhaps international. And they seem to do a LOT of online sales, especially with boutique amps and guitars. But, I did ask for opinions. Have you ever bought anything from Humbucker, or had any experience dealing with them?

dirocyn

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 20, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
Hmmm...from what I can tell online, Humbucker is more than "...just a guitar shop." Looks like their clientele is national, perhaps international. And they seem to do a LOT of online sales, especially with boutique amps and guitars. But, I did ask for opinions. Have you ever bought anything from Humbucker, or had any experience dealing with them?
Nope, never heard of 'em before this thread. These days most small guitar shops have some sort of web presence, maybe this one does a lot of online sales. They have the kind of name that a LOT of people will stumble across in web searches.

They don't have any photos of a showroom and I don't see an address on their website. They may do only online sales.

The fact I never heard of them before today says they're less prominent than Guitar Center, Sweetwater, and Gruhns.

grritz

The guitar plays me
Silver Member
May 2, 2014
Rock Hill, SC
Nope, never heard of 'em before this thread. These days most small guitar shops have some sort of web presence, maybe this one does a lot of online sales. They have the kind of name that a LOT of people will stumble across in web searches.

They don't have any photos of a showroom and I don't see an address on their website. They may do only online sales.

The fact I never heard of them before today says they're less prominent than Guitar Center, Sweetwater, and Gruhns.
Agreed: much less prominent than Guitar Center, Sweetwater and Gruhn's. Chicago Music Exchange does a lot of online business. And there's Sam Ash, Stratosphere and Deli Audio. I think Humbucker is almost exclusively online, and they seem to focus mostly on boutique amps and guitars. They claim to be the largest seller of a few boutique amp and guitar lines. (see screen shot, below).
But our exchange does bring up another question: What other online guitar stores are there that we haven't heard of? I guess I'll have to post that question sometime soon.

Untitled 2022-07-11 at 4.13.16 PM.jpg

abnormaltoy

Mouth draggin' knuckle breather
Apr 28, 2013
Tucson
Woohoo! I've heard of them. I've just never bought anything from them, I forget where I first heard of them, but I go there to drool over the Suhr amps.
There are plenty of rocks out here in Arizona but I don't live under one of them