Humbucker Music...your experience?

grritz

The guitar plays me
Silver Member
May 2, 2014
Rock Hill, SC
I usually research a vendor before placing an order. Especially when almost no one has heard of them.
Well, y'know, I didn't. And that is very out-of-character for me. But Humbucker Music kept coming up in my online search for a Carr Super Bee.
So tonight, I'm gonna whip myself with a wet spaghetti noodle while I pray for the best.

grritz

The guitar plays me
Silver Member
May 2, 2014
Rock Hill, SC
FROM OP: Following is from a post on another guitar forum...
……………
Not that it matters much these days, but Humbucker is maybe five minutes from my house. I’ve always had a ton of respect for Jake and all his employees…they’ve always been 100% straight shooters and were always a very knowledgeable and professional crew with an excellent reputation on the local scene. Everyone around here always held them in very highest regard, even back when they started out as a tiny little no-name guitar shop in a strip mall.
I’ve been out of the local scene for several years now….I haven’t been in there or talked to any of those guys since they closed their doors to the public and went with an online/appointment only format several years ago, so it’s entirely possible that things have changed.
But based on the quality of my own past dealings and everyone I know who has dealt with them and worked there, I’d absolutely give Humbucker the benefit of the doubt on any deal that had an unfortunate outcome. Nobody is perfect and mistakes do happen…but a negative experience would be an extremely unusual outlier that is not at all consistent with my own experiences.
……………
Talk about mixed messages: this forum seems negative, while another forum seems very positive. So, I'm left with thinking: OK, I've already made the deposit. So I'll just have to stay in touch with Humbucker and take a hard line if anything appears to be going wrong.

FuncleManson

Strat-Talker
May 23, 2021
Moline, IL
The algorithm inundates me with Humbucker ads. I enjoy looking. They've got a lot of beautiful stuff, but any bolt-on that catches my fancy I can build (assemble) for a lot less money.

33db

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 14, 2018
Earth
I placed an order for an amp last Friday with Humbucker Music. I've had no previous experience with them.
Wonderin' if anyone here has dealt with Humbucker recently. What was your experience? How would you rate their prices and customer service, on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the best)? Thanks!
Good, I bought a Klon KTR from them and a Quilter head. No problems, everything was as it should be.