Humbucker pickups?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Olddogmike, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Olddogmike

Olddogmike Strat-Talk Member

I have just been looking at a Mexican strat offered locally, it has twin humbuckers which I have not seen before, as the seller assures me that is how it was released. Any info on this?

2. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too.

Sounds like a Blacktop Strat. They're legit.

Mr_10awg likes this.
  3. Skinny Nitro

Skinny Nitro Senior Stratmaster

4. jvin248

jvin248 Senior Stratmaster

Most of the Blacktop series have nice chunky necks. So find out if that guitar is a Blacktop or not and get it if you like chunky necks. If you're a skinny neck player then you may want to pass.

You may focus in on what it is from the above post about other HH Standards if you can get a partial serial number.

Post pictures in the thread for more exact help. It's possible someone bought a pickguard and pickups and converted from SSS or HSS to HH.

5. Dudeman7

Dudeman7 Strat-Talker

FWIW, I have a Blacktop Strat and it's a great player. Love the neck and the switching scheme is super useful. It's very "Strat-y" in the 2 and 4 positions and it's a full on, humbucking rock machine in 1,3 and 5.

If it's in good shape for a fair price, it wouldn't be much risk to resell if you decide you don't like it.

6. StummerJoe

StummerJoe Senior Stratmaster