• Telecaster

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters

TheWorldsAStage

Strat-Talker
Nov 10, 2018
Kentucky
Also just noticed bridge and neck was an option :thumb:
While not my favorite I'm a big fan. Have one strat with that option and it sounds really good. SSL-5 in the bridge and a 69 in the neck. Makes me wonder if there's something magic about the output mismatch or if it'd sound as good if they were closer matched.

LOSTVENTURE

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 15, 2007
CHARLOTTE, NC
I never use the middle pickup by itself, just in combinations wit either the neck or bridge. If I want a tone slightly more versatile, but similar to the middle pickup, I grab my Tele.

RPKennedy

Senior Stratmaster
Platinum Supporting Member
Apr 27, 2013
Oconomowoc, WI
I really like the snarl of the bridge pickup on my EJ Strat, when going through dirt pedals.

The previous owner of my particular guitar installed a push-push pot on the 2nd tone control that adds the Neck pickup to the Bridge pickup, and that's a pretty great combination too.

Kenny80121

Strat-Talker
Jul 16, 2018
Denver, CO
Maybe it's just my current strat - but I've been digging the middle. If you watch BBC's the story of the guitar - they interview Mark Knopfler and David Gilmour and they both get the most magical tones out of their strats. Both are playing 54s - but both are using the middle position.

Bowmap

I nose a thang or two.
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 23, 2017
3rd door down.
I can do all of them at once with the blender. A neat trick. I put the blender in the middle.

View attachment 490555

That is what I mean. All of them and ALL of them.

S-1 Switch Up:
Position 1. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup with Coils in Series (Lead Tone Control)
Position 2. Middle Pickup and Inside Coil of Bridge Humbucking Pickup in Parallel (Lead Tone Control)
Position 3. Middle Pickup (Lead Tone Control)
Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup in Parallel (Lead and Rhythm Tone Controls)
Position 5. Neck Pickup (Rhythm Tone Control

S-1 Switch Down:
Position 1. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup with Coils in Series (Lead Tone Control)
Position 2. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup with Coils in Series, in Parallel with Neck Pickup (Lead and Rhythm Tone Controls)
Position 3. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup with Coils in Series, in Parallel with Neck and Middle Pickups that are Paired in Series (Lead and Rhythm Tone Controls)
Position 4. Inside Coil of Bridge Pickup Paired in Series with Neck Pickup, in Parallel with Middle Pickup (Lead and Rhythm Tone Controls)
Position 5. Middle Pickup in Series with Neck Pickup (Rhythm Tone Control)

S-1 down and #3 or 4.