Join Strat-Talk Today

I bought a Strat Neck off Amazon

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by JasonSD, Sep 27, 2019.

1. JasonSD

JasonSD Strat-Talker

So I did a search for strat necks on Amazon yesterday and found a 62 style Fender neck for $156. It's the one listed on Fender for $349 with the gloss nitro finish. It was listed as a American Fender neck, but the pictures are clearly of a MIM neck. Was still a good price so I bought it, it then gave me the option of applying for a Prime credit card to save an additional $70 off. So I did that and got the neck for $100 after tax. It's sold elsewhere for $279, and after I bought it, the price changed to $279. It's not on there anymore at $156, which I thought was odd.

It should be here tomorrow, so I'll see if it's what I'm expecting.

2. garyhoos1

garyhoos1 Huffing n Puffing. Strat-Talk Supporter

It has to be what it was listed as or your money back.?

Good luck :thumb:

3. JasonSD

JasonSD Strat-Talker

So I got the neck. It's Mexican like I thought. It is the one that lists for $349. The ad said preslotted pilot nut or something like that, so I thought the nut was already cut but it isn't so must just have guide lines or something. Will lock closer when I get home.
    I know how to cut a bit, just don't have the tools. So just need to buy some cheap ones, take it somewhere, or replace the nut with a precut one.

4. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Lots of companies sell guitar gear through the Amazon website.

5. alderre

alderre Strat-O-Master

Amazon even sells knock-offs of pretty much everything. I guess it’s hard to enforce.

6. vid1900

vid1900 Most Honored Senior Member

Even a precut nut Will require cutting to set the guitar up properly

7. vid1900

vid1900 Most Honored Senior Member

And we need pics of what you have

8. JasonSD

JasonSD Strat-Talker

Here's some pics 20190927_210049.jpg 20190927_210131.jpg 20190927_210139.jpg 20190927_210151.jpg 20190927_210322.jpg 20190927_210415.jpg

vid1900 likes this.
  9. JasonSD

JasonSD Strat-Talker

I'm thinking about putting it on my Tex-Mex Strat.

TexMex.jpg

10. JasonSD

JasonSD Strat-Talker

11. Chief101

Chief101 Senior Stratmaster

Mexican 60’s Classic Series w/ lacquer. Nice neck. Some say near AVRI quality. You got a deal on it.

12. MrNeutron

MrNeutron Strat-Talker

Nice light blue color on that Strat, Jason! :thumb: :cool: What's that color called? Reminds of the light blue 1957 Ford my Mom had when I was around 6 yrs. old.........

Curious about a side topic within here...... Does the Amazon card have any sort of monthy fee, even if not used? I've been reluctant to bite on the Amazon card hook, just due to not really wanting or needing another credit card, and figure there's always some sorta "drawback" to a "too-good-to-be-true" sorta offer. I'm very afraid that I'd spend more money there than I should, thinking "Well, I'm saving money by using the Amazon card." :eek:

13. JasonSD

JasonSD Strat-Talker

The color is Sonic Blue, according to the Fender price guide, because that's the only blue the Tex-Mex strat came in.
    There's no annual membership fee on the Amazon Prime card. I don't know about just the Amazon card. And it has rewards, 5% back on purchases at Amazon and Whole foods, 2% at gas stations and restaurants, 1% on all other purchases. It automatically adds the card as your default payment with Amazon when you do it, but I changed it back to my other card, and used that to pay for the neck, so right now the card doesn't have anything on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.