I can’t believe I bought a Custom Shop Strat!

ZZDoc

Strat-Talker
Jan 29, 2013
Florida
I've owned two. One was a custom order which took forever. I ultimately swapped it out for the second, the Gilmour, in '08. The one on my shoulder there. I swear they feel different from the 'off-the wall' production line models. But that's just me. Have a good time

GlockandRoll

Strat-Talker
Mar 12, 2018
Austin, TX
VERY nice, congratulations!
I'd play the hell out of that w/only one modification. I'd probably put one of these in the bridge and a blender pot, or at least a gilmore switch.

Guithartic

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2021
Jacksonville, FL
VERY nice, congratulations!
I'd play the hell out of that w/only one modification. I'd probably put one of these in the bridge and a blender pot, or at least a gilmore switch.
The GT11 actually has a half blender to blend in the neck pup on positions 1 and 2. The only thing I wish is that it would blend it in series rather than parallel.

Does anyone know an easy way to do that?

Nick L Plate

Strat-Talker
Sep 15, 2020
Santa Barbara
In my view, you got bothy an excellent deal and, more importantly, what appears to be a really fine Strat. Though I speak only personally, IMO the specific features of your specific guitar are all desirable to players seeking a great musical instrument. There is true and great value in that! I am a patient buyer and since I live outside LA, the used market there is fabulous, with CS Strats entering the market in great volume. But if you hold out for what you really want, you find yourself having to turn down otherwise fine guitars because of, say, maple fretboards... or a hard tail... of some dopey finish, small radius, wrong pickups... I think you nailed it. CS Strats, in general, are remarkably great guitars because they take a really excellent, buildable design and then execute it the an amazing standard. Since I buy old, not new, I can't vouch for the current standards, but they are reported fine. I'm not a big believe in milestones, but a CS Strat is an exception. That's a milestone acquisition for sure. And yours is a special one.

mazzolar59

Strat-Talker
Silver Member
Apr 27, 2018
Chicago
Custom Shop GT11. The biggest guitar purchase of my life. Probably not a big deal for people who have several Custom Shops, but a huge deal for me. A few years ago I would never have believed it. I’ve had my eye on this model for about a year. Just about every spec aligns with what I want in a guitar. Vintage specs with modern fretboard radius and circuitry, including a blender knob. My favorite color, etc. etc. I hope this is the one that will make me stop searching for the next one.
I think I got a good deal at $3,000 + tax and $80 shipping, so I can justify it as an investment or at least know I could get my money back out of it if I change my mind some day (which I won’t). Still, it had been listed for $3,200 for 2 months, so maybe it wasn’t a steal.
View attachment 591074 View attachment 591075
Wow that is beautiful. Congratulations and HNGD. As for me, I’ve never owned a Custom Shop guitar. Since I don’t earn a living from playing guitar, I just can’t justify the price. I don’t even own a house so….priorities.

gretev

Strat-O-Master
Oct 22, 2013
Switzerland
Custom Shop GT11. The biggest guitar purchase of my life. Probably not a big deal for people who have several Custom Shops, but a huge deal for me. A few years ago I would never have believed it. I’ve had my eye on this model for about a year. Just about every spec aligns with what I want in a guitar. Vintage specs with modern fretboard radius and circuitry, including a blender knob. My favorite color, etc. etc. I hope this is the one that will make me stop searching for the next one.
I think I got a good deal at $3,000 + tax and $80 shipping, so I can justify it as an investment or at least know I could get my money back out of it if I change my mind some day (which I won’t). Still, it had been listed for $3,200 for 2 months, so maybe it wasn’t a steal.
View attachment 591074 View attachment 591075

Please share the specs with us; model, pickups, fret size, neck size, fretboard radius etc. Looks like it has a roasted flame maple neck?