I dig the production on this and other stuff from this "punk" band.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
I liked it. So what defines punk?

Hell if I know. I spend some time worrying about "what is punk" but local shows I see have music that's all over the map and even the set list for Beethoven's Bastards, (that's my band) veer back and forth from stuff that I would say "Yes, THIS IS PUNK!!" to grungy and alt kinda stuff.

So, I don't know. I keep writing but all the songs take on a life of their own.

mutato

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 10, 2007
RI
Very nice "punk/pop" style production. Tight sound.

As to defining: As one who lived through the punk years (me is 57 ; - 0 ), I always feel it needs to be more raw, more anger, more dissonant chording. Less polished production. The band video above feels like the "kinder-gentler" version of Punk. Still enjoyable to a degree for me. I kind of place it in a more "pop" oriented punk category.

WhiteWabbit

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 6, 2014
Canada
Oh yea these guys were pretty big when I was in high school..2004-2007. My brother was into all the emo/pop punk of the time, I was too into Zeppelin to care BUT I always liked this song and at least one other of theirs. Is it a fiddle or a violin? Either way that was a cool choice and made them stand out.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
Oh yea these guys were pretty big when I was in high school..2004-2007. My brother was into all the emo/pop punk of the time, I was too into Zeppelin to care BUT I always liked this song and at least one other of theirs. Is it a fiddle or a violin? Either way that was a cool choice and made them stand out.
Thanks for taking a minute to comment. Several songs from this band I like.