I DON'T WANNA!

Impulsive guppy

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 9, 2020
Springfield
Fight the power! đź–•

Do you honestly think Steve Jones or Johnny Ramone would have had a pedal board?

vxvxjjn5igr51.jpg

The moment Dee Dee realized his power supply won’t work on 230v and Sid trying to remember if he updated his Strymon rig to the latest firmware.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
Just one pedal isn't a "board". As I just suggested in another thread, a cheap Timmy clone gets you clean boost - or a little gain if you like. Lots of flexibility without complexity. A Mosky Silver OD is my choice.

Just try it. The first dose is free... (well, $30)...

View attachment 572937
I am pushing so much gain I can't really boost any more. Hence my thoughts of some delay.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
You could, but the real answer is P90s. Not kidding.

TP
I have something with P98ish pickups and it's certainly not heftier than regular humbuckers and it is prone to feedback. Have not spent time with real P90s but a good friend has and he said they are too noisy for him to use. Playing punk there is a lot of gain and that makes it it's own ballgame.

TepidPilot

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 26, 2019
South Central Texas
I have something with P98ish pickups and it's certainly not heftier than regular humbuckers and it is prone to feedback. Have not spent time with real P90s but a good friend has and he said they are too noisy for him to use. Playing punk there is a lot of gain and that makes it it's own ballgame.

I confess to using a noise gate/suppressor at the front end, after the Barber tone press, and I've never had a problem making that lotta gain white noise hash sound decent. I use a Traynor YCV20 with built-in adjustable channel gain.

TP

myredstrat

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 3, 2020
close to the edge
In my youth, all I did was set up an original MXR distortion+ with a short cable( I still have the cable) on top of my amp and left in on all the time, the output was at about 4 o'clock and the distortion at about 7 or 8 o'clock. All was controlled through my guitars volume controls.
I have never owned a pedal board, but did cobble one together for the 4 pedals I own now, and don't use.
You could probably achieve the same effect with a delay, also set REALLY low

blasphemoustrat

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 9, 2011
Pa
I also don't want a pedel board. But my favorite amp doesn't have built in reverb, and I really prefer a touch of that in the effects loop, and I have a B9 pedal for a couple songs we do...then I wanted to do a couple songs in drop C so a digitech the drop was needed so that I didn't have to cart a bunch of guitars in strange tunings...then I wanted a clean boost so a spark...then I wanted a couple levels of clean boost so another spark and a Wampler slo-stortion and you gotta have a wah and **** by accident I have a giant ****ing pedal board

Latest posts