I Love Music

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by sevycat, Aug 3, 2009.

1. sevycat

sevycat Custom Shop Cat

Calling all Bluegrass fans. There is going to be a bluegrass festival in Gettysburg, PA. It will be going on August 20-23. So if your a fan, or just a bit interested, it is worth the travel.

I can tell you first hand that I went to my first one two years ago. Not even ever hearing any of the artist or for that matter, knowing all that much about Bluegrass music. Watching these artist play and the dedication they put into the craft is mind blowing.

I know that most of us here at strat-talk are all about the electric thing with the blah blah amp and so on and so forth. I urge you to think outside of your normal comfort zone. Put away your beloved strats and experience acoustic music at its best.

You can google search Gettysburg Bluegrass festival and find out more..

2. bowhunter

bowhunter Strat-O-Master

I wish I could make it,, But i cant,,,bummer,,Those bluegrass pickers are awesome,,,I`ve been to some bluegrass fest. That were mind blowing!!! I always thought put one of them boys on a Strat and look out !!! they would burn one up with them fingers flying!!! Have fun wish I could make it!!!

3. remember5

remember5 Strat-Talk Member

I moved to Tennessee in 1974 and met a guy who played locally and when I asked him what kind of stuff he played he said "bluegrass". I had never heard of it. I said, you mean like blues? He tried to explain it but I didn't get it. Later on his group had a local show and I finally got to see it. I appreciated what they're doing but it really was not my cup of tea. Anyway, one day I went over to his house to jam, I knew he played a martin on the show, but he also had a Gretch or Gibson, I can't remember, but he ripped on it, and played I think Dixie and the National Anthem or something at the same time that was smoking. I guess my point is that being a yankee know it all back then - I really didn't know squat. Now bluegrass is mainstream and everyone knows what it is. Just a bit of trivia.......

4. ArlenBucy

ArlenBucy Senior Stratmaster

I would love to go to that but I'm afraid funds are too tight to allow me to the trip. I love bluegrass and old time music.