I love playing my newest strat

Tylerlayne

Strat-Talker
Jul 18, 2021
St Augustine, Florida
I recently purchased a 2019 MIM players series strat. I have had the guitar almost 2 weeks now and I love playing it. Not sure if its the maple fretboard or what but I prefer playing it over both of my MIA strats with rosewood fretboards. It seems so much easier to play than my other guitars. I wish I had gone maple long ago, I play this guitar every night since I brought it home. One question though, Did the guitar come with the locking tuners or were they added?

Attachments

• IMG_1031.jpg
    IMG_1031.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 34

Stratafied

Dr. Stratster
Oct 29, 2019
North of South
I recently purchased a 2019 MIM players series strat. I have had the guitar almost 2 weeks now and I love playing it. Not sure if its the maple fretboard or what but I prefer playing it over both of my MIA strats with rosewood fretboards. It seems so much easier to play than my other guitars. I wish I had gone maple long ago, I play this guitar every night since I brought it home. One question though, Did the guitar come with the locking tuners or were they added?
Beautiful guitar, I made the switch to maple a while ago l love it. Nothing against rosewood , I have one but maple is great, and it looks really clean.

DanielB

Strat-Talker
Sep 5, 2020
Detroit, MI
Beautiful guitar! I have a Made in Mexico Strat from the older Standard series, but also really enjoy playing it. Mine also has a maple neck, the first guitar I owned with one, as opposed to a rosewood neck. I think like the others on this thread I am coming to prefer a maple neck. In any event, hope you get much playing pleasure out of your guitar.

RaySachs

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2017
Philly area
I've always preferred maple fretboards, probably because my first strat 42-43 years ago had maple and I got used to that as what a strat was supposed to feel like. And while I like the back of the neck to be satin finished, I'm fine with a full gloss on the fretboard. I'm so partial to maple that for a long time, I specifically DIS-liked rosewood. Lately, I've come to like rosewood just fine (although I've yet to play a Pau Ferro neck I didn't hate), but I'll still take maple every time if given the choice...

-Ray