Join Strat-Talk Today

I may or may not piss some people off but I hate Metalica.

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Heavyriff, Jul 28, 2019.

1. SILENCER

SILENCER Strat-Talker

I never really understood or got into Black Sabbath

THIS
    DOES
    NOT
    COMPUTE

And the horsie illustration is bang on.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Andrew Wasson, duzie and WhiteWabbit like this.
  2. vid1900

vid1900 Most Honored Senior Member

Everyone who still likes Metallica should just pull out a latter album on vinyl (like Lulu); lay back, and relax

R-3260290-1383243862-6934.jpeg.jpg

3bolt79 likes this.
  3. Antstrat

Antstrat Senior Stratmaster

4. RL21980

RL21980 Strat-Talker

This may or may not piss some people off but I hate folks that express they're negative opinions online solely for the sake of expressing them, while adding nothing to the conversation.

3bolt79, Morf2540, rlongnt and 2 others like this.
  5. Stark

Stark I’m still an idiot and I’m still in love Strat-Talk Supporter

Excellent post - it’s a public forum so your opiñon is as valid as anyone else’s and if people get pissed off reading it, that’s their deal.

3bolt79 and rocknrollrich like this.
  6. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Senior Stratmaster

I had almost never listened to Mettalica often. I am not especially a fan of heavy metal music but it was OK for me in limited dosages. When
    I went to the 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame concert, they were one of the. Featured performers.

I came away with a newfound respect for both their music and ( IMO ) musical virtuosity.
    Those guys can really play so many different styles of music to an almost unparalleled level.

3bolt79 likes this.
  7. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 The wizard next door..... Strat-Talk Supporter

I hate everything. Including the fact that I hate everything....................:D:D

Tone Deaf and 3bolt79 like this.
  8. Heavyriff

Heavyriff Strat-Talker

So listen. I tried to make my peace this morning for what was in retrospect a poorly worded thread. I could have posed the question in a less combative way. That being said, I am certainly not public enemy #1 to this forum or anyone else for that matter. And the slew of comments that followed ( many of which are directly aimed at me and rude) are interesting to say the least. I may have chosen my wording poorly but I clearly did not direct any hate or anger towards any member. To school me about how my thread is inappropriate and in the same breath throw a few stones at me. Seems like I shouldn't be the only one to learn something going forward.

Antstrat and WhiteWabbit like this.
  9. rocknrollrich

rocknrollrich Senior Stratmaster

Why? It's an online guitar forum. It's just not that important. Nobody here is curing cancer, or making humanity better in any significant way.

Tone Deaf and 3bolt79 like this.
  10. Dick Blackmore

Dick Blackmore Senior Stratmaster

Well...don't listen to them.

3bolt79 and TangerineDog like this.
  11. stratomatt

stratomatt Strat-O-Master

TBH, I liked their earlier stuff some, but then meh. When the Napster controversy came out, I lost all respect for them. They were crying about making only $89,000,000 in stead of $99,000,000. Give me a break. I liked Jason Newstead, but they kicked him out. Kirk had potential in the early days, but he got worse over the years and has turned into a pretty lousy guitarist. See him attempt Sails of Charon on you tube--I rest my case. Any drummer will tell you Lars cannot keep time. On a side note, a drummer friend of mine won a drum contest and he got to be on stage and open a show for Metalica (not on stage with Metalica, just some dog and pony stuff before the show). He met Lars backstage and Lars was a total d!ck. My friend was super happy and excited then Lars popped his bubble. Maybe Lars could say hi to a fan and fellow drummer. Nope. Lars said "I don't have time for this sh!#" and walked away rudely. I do think James Hetfield is a talented guy though. But yea, as a band they are not my cup of tea--nails on a chalkboard.

3bolt79 and vid1900 like this.
  12. heltershelton

heltershelton BANNED Strat-Talk Supporter

Its all good man. The people on this forum are the forgiving type.
    When i was a new member i said some stuff i shouldnt have said.... But i apologized for my bad behavior and was forgiven.
    You will be ok.

13. Kayden33

Kayden33 Strat-O-Master

Loved Kill ‘Em All, Ride The Lightening, Master of Puppets, And Justice For All and some of the Black album - after this they suuuuuuuck badly. They are not the same band and never will be again. So to a point I agree.

I’ll take Megadeth, Slayer, Black Sabbath and others. Metallica lost it years ago and rightfully so because they nowadays put out garbage and they sale records off the band name.

3bolt79 and stratomatt like this.
  14. Jimi Lightning

Jimi Lightning Senior Stratmaster

Some folks respond as they read the earlier posts before they work their through the rest and do not realize whatever the issue was has been resolved. Ie:made amends, get friendly guidance etc...

It’s a forum , everyone has an opinion and this is great bunch of gearheads...:)

15. Stratbats

Stratbats Senior Stratmaster

Yes! I walked out of my last concert last summer; the sound check was LOUD but bearable. Then when the band arrived on stage it was pumped up to cartoonishly loud. You couldn't make out any of the instruments, it was sheer noise (& not good sheer noise). People were wincing... But I never thought of ear plugs for in the audience.

circles likes this.
  16. Jimi Lightning

Jimi Lightning Senior Stratmaster

Have you checked out “Hardwired...” ? It was IMHO a refreshing blast back to their heavy down picking thrash roots. I didnt like the material from the Black album on, but was blown Way by “Hardwired”. IMHo it’s Awesome!

3bolt79 likes this.
  17. circles

circles humaniod life form Strat-Talk Supporter

Well, somebody likes them! lol I'm not a metal head, but they must have done something right.

ps Early Sabbath rules!

3bolt79 and Jimi Lightning like this.
  18. CigBurn

CigBurn Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Don't sweat it, it's really not a big deal. You're just one guy, who made a comment that 50 other people decided was worth responding to. Then they start responding to each other and it no longer is about your comment.. just aspects of the post they want to dissect. Some will take it with humor, others with an unrefined rage normally only unleashed upon Bonamassa, Mayer, Greta VF and so on. :)

Relics Rule

19. BuddyHollywood

BuddyHollywood Strat-Talker

By the time I was getting into music Black Sabbath was on my radar but there were other bands that were obviously influenced by them that I liked better, Metallica being one of them. I was more of an Ozzy and Dio fan than a Black Sabbath fan. I don't hate them. I like a lot of their songs. I totally respect their influence and inspiration that they have had on music. They just never lit my fuse enough to get excited about them.

3bolt79 likes this.
  20. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Its all good, we've all been there. I probably came off a tad defensive in hindsight but didn't mean anything personal if it came across that way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.