I noticed that Fender discontinued/shut down the Fuse app.

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by nickmsmith, Jun 19, 2020.

1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

Yeah, knowing that it is still at least functional is a big de-escalator for me. I don’t particularly mind if they don’t update their stuff. There are enough options on that software to last me a lifetime.

What truly does suck, is that they deleted all of the preset sharing and downloading. I found some cool sounds that way.

Nick Evans and Andrew Wasson like this.
  2. archetype

archetype Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Yeah, that stinks. It's one day's work for one Web developer to put them on Fender's fmicassets server and make them downloadable. Their decision was shortsighted, at best.

Andrew Wasson and nickmsmith like this.
  3. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Custom Title Silver Member

The app still works fine. You just can't download any new presets. I use it on my Mustang 2 daily.

I have about 11k(eleven thousand) of the presets saved. You can get them online. Someone here sent me the link a few months ago.

nickmsmith likes this.
  4. Wound_Up

The software is no longer available from Fender. They removed it from their website. If you buy a Mustang, you have to find the Fuse software somewhere else other than Fender.com Any of the previous updates are no longer available from Fender, either. All of it IS available other places, though.

CalicoSkies and bsman like this.
  5. CB91710

CB91710 No GAS shortage here Double Platinum Supporting Member

Ya... I said the same thing... yet....

spark.jpg

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

I’ve been pondering this and it just came to me that I’ve got the same thing with my Fender Mustang Floor pedal too. It’s very easy to get to breakup even at low gain settings, even if you don’t intend to.

I think that fender knew that people were looking for that “borderline overdriven” tube sound, and somehow forgot just to make a good purely clean sound, that stays clean when pushed. It’s not as big of a deal with some of the weaker single coils I have, but with P90s or HBs, my single coil amp settings are largely unusable, because it seems to push them into farty sounding overdrives really easily at any volume . I’m sure speakers are a factor too though.

Not a huge deal to me, but it’s probably my only complaint with the amps. Still honestly one of my favorite amps I ever owned, and I paid 60 bucks for it. Crazy good deal.

I wish “beginner” amps were even close to this good when I started playing in 1997 or so. 90s solid states were largely pretty bad except for the super clean headroom.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Nick Evans likes this.
  7. jaxjaxon

jaxjaxon Strat-O-Master

Fender should offer the fuse software. Or is it now considered abandon ware. What is to become of its new software? Become abandoned in 4 yrs.

Andrew Wasson and nickmsmith like this.
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

Yeah they have straight up erased it from their site. Luckily some good samaritans have saved it online for posterity. I’m not ready to ditch my amp yet. Maybe in a decade.. not now.

Andrew Wasson and LucasT like this.
  9. Saxonbowman

Saxonbowman Strat-Talk Member

If you have an Android device the Remuda app is a great way to adjust presets on your Mustang.

LucasT, GuitLoop, Laren and 2 others like this.
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

I’ve heard of that, but no android device. May need to check that out. Thanks

11. rmendozajr

rmendozajr Strat-Talker

I still have a Mustang III v2 that I use religiously. I too was quite upset when I could no longer download fuse from their website. But I managed to find a copy online and saved it in case I get a new pc. It really is a great amp for my needs.

12. Wound_Up

I sent the link to the 11000 presets to @nickmsmith

If anyone else wants them, just pm me

StratSounds, nickmsmith and rgbedard like this.
  13. rgbedard

rgbedard non-compliant Silver Member

I second this. I use Remuda/SC for my SCX2. The guy that developed them used to gig a Mustang, now uses a SuperChamp X2.

I might add that lots of people have old Android devices they aren't using. It shouldn't be difficult to locate one if you wanted.

nickmsmith likes this.
  14. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

And it does it wirelessly? Do you have to plug it into the amp somehow?

15. Laren

Laren Strat-Talk Member

Now that Apple have upgraded to 64 bit working Fender Fuse doesn't run at all. What's annoying is that outlets are still selling these amps and advertising Fuse with it.

Anybody know any work rounds to get Fuse running on a 64bit Mac?

nickmsmith likes this.
  16. rgbedard

rgbedard non-compliant Silver Member

I use a USB cable and a special USB adapter that costs a couple bucks. It's not a perfect solution, but it works.

I used to do Information Technology for a living, and I generally won't run software that is no longer being supported. It's a can of worms ... eventually there will be problems.

You can use 2 phones if you want to control it wirelessly. One phone attaches to the amp, the other phone allows you to control the amp remotely through the attached phone (wireless.)

Saxonbowman likes this.
  17. Morf2540

Morf2540 Senior Stratmaster

I have a Mustang. The amp and software both work fine. I honestly don’t know what Fender Support even means. The computer I have it on is old too. Maybe once I get a new computer I’ll lose it. Guess we’ll see. But I already have everything loaded on the amp, so I almost never have to open the software anyway.

nickmsmith likes this.
  18. Laren

Laren Strat-Talk Member

I saw Remuda mentioned. I have an android phone so downloaded it, works fine with my Mustang 1 v2.
    Result!

rgbedard likes this.
  19. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Most Honored Senior Member Gold Supporting Member

I don't like this (as I have a Fender Mustang III v2), but I'm sure the existing software will still run for quite a while. And I imagine there will still be a way to have it run in later versions of Windows that might try to say it's no longer compatible. There's often some hackery you can do.. One example: I have a Roland Juno-G synthesizer, which can be used as a USB MIDI controller for your computer. It seems Roland does not officially make a Windows 10 driver for it, so initially it wasn't working with my Windows 10 PC. But I searched online and found a way to make it work. With that driver, it involved making a fairly simple change to a text file for the driver, but for the most recent Windows 10 update, I had to use a developer tool to make a self-signed certificate for the driver and add that to the Windows certificate store so Windows wouldn't complain about it being an unsigned driver.

Nick Evans likes this.
  20. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Most Honored Senior Member Gold Supporting Member

Yeah, software normally just doesn't go away totally. Someone probably still has it. I have a copy of Fender Fuse 2.7.1, though it's from 2016 and I imagine there may be a newer one available. I should probably go find and download one now..