I preferred a Crafter over Martin and Taylor...

Discussion in 'Acoustic Soundboard' started by guitarman1984, Oct 25, 2019.

1. guitarman1984

guitarman1984 Senior Stratmaster

What you hear in the video is a mix of its acoustic sound and the amplified one. There are sections in the video with unplugged tone only. I liked both!

2. guitarman1984

I believe you, I want to highlight that I was referring to different brands within the 800-1000 euro, in this league I didn't like Martin and Taylor as much as this Crafter. Your fantastic guitar is clearly in another league!

Stratoskater and Ash-Man like this.
  3. Ash-Man

Ash-Man Senior Stratmaster

Oh yes my post was all in good fun! No offense taken :) seriously though the guitar sounds great, balanced and resonant!

guitarman1984 likes this.
  4. guitarman1984

Thanks!

5. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member

i have an '07 taylor 414ce that is past amazing to me, it plays easy peasy and sounds like good ice cream tastes but the other three 414's i tried were extra super bad.

i only found a few martins i liked in my budget and i tried a bunch of them. just like the taylor's almost none i tried gave me the tinglies.

my experience was almost exactly like @Stratoskater said, when i tried $2500+ guitars it was way easier to find a sweet one.

if i ever look for another acoustic i will be looking at used and other brands also because i played so many taylor and martin duds that it has been proven that a name or price tag is not a guarantee in guitar-land, which is the same on the electric side also...

the best acoustic i have ever played was a rosewood back and sides japanese made epiphone i think from the 80's.

6. Hippieway

Hippieway Strat-Talker

I'm not going to kick sand on a Martin or a Taylor or anything else. I just want to say that my Crafter TA050 is a very nice guitar. I got it new when I was working down in Florida and have enjoyed it for about a decade. A fairly ornate guitar that plays well, sounds terrific and is great for finger style. And here is a crappy picture of it.

TA050.jpg