I received... the wrong guitar?

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
Well I got some VERY interesting news from Fender.

That guitar is a model that hasn't been released yet. He's not sure how it even got out of the factory. He didn't say which model(I'm guessing AM Pro II, just in that color) Only that it shouldn't be out, yet.

Wow! Screenshot_20221207-180048_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:

Eric_G

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2021
Quebec

That guitar is a model that hasn't been released yet. He's not sure how it even got out of the factory. He didn't say which model(I'm guessing AM Pro II, just in that color) Only that it shouldn't be out, yet.

Wow! View attachment 610741
Wow, this is weird to say the least... I'd be curious to hear how they explain a DarkNight serial number on the wrong body... body ended on the dark night assembly line by mistake ?

John C

Most Honored Senior Member
Silver Member
Jul 17, 2012
Kansas City

Wow! View attachment 610741

Very interesting indeed! Another QC issue at Fender - but in this case something shipped that shouldn't have shipped instead of it having quality issues.

Wow, this is weird to say the least... I'd be curious to hear how they explain a DarkNight serial number on the wrong body... body ended on the dark night assembly line by mistake ?

Someone in assembly grabbed the wrong neck when assembling the Strat that @Zeka_ received - at some point that neck and its serial number got on a shop traveler/bar code sticker as assigned to a Dark Night body but it was instead attached to the BSB body, and no one updated the bar code stickers. As I mentioned a few pages back it is my understanding that Fender's serial number lookup database is based on someone scanning those bar code stickers on the box at some point in the instrument's journey - either when it arrives at the warehouse or when it ships from the warehouse to the dealer.