Sep 11, 2012
non ya
I have never seen this, WOW!

Where is OSHA when you need them. lol

Micheal Jackson

James Hetfield

Richie Blackmore

Anyone else?
You can leave out Dime or the Station fire please, God rest their souls.

I have had can lighting that was too close in a small club singe/smoking the back of my hair (when I had my super mullet) and completely destroy my 63 Strat's waterslide decal and melt some nitro. Never knew what was going on until I saw people pointing at me.

Lets here your story of your brush with stupidity or close calls. May or may not be your own.

For entertainment purposes only.

Believer7713

The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein
Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
Mine last bout with a flame had nothing to do with a band situation. It was a stupid, on my part, work situation when I was trying to burn some papers that had sensitive information in a metal trash can. I ripped up the papers and piled them in the bottom of the can then proceeded to spray the majority of brake clean on the papers...in the bottom of the can. When I threw the match in it I was pretty much standing over the top of the can. The ball of flame from that came out of the top of the can like a volcanic plume hit me in the face and burned all the facial hair and about half of my hair on the left side of my head.
When I went home, I shaved the other side of my face, and had my hair cut the next morning so no one in the office would know what kind of idiot I was the night before. guess Who has never tried to burn anything in a can with accelerants again.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

rocknrollrich

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 8, 2016
philadelphia
I have never seen this, WOW!

Where is OSHA when you need them. lol

Micheal Jackson

James Hetfield

Richie Blackmore

Anyone else?
You can leave out Dime or the Station fire please, God rest their souls.

I have had can lighting that was too close in a small club singe/smoking the back of my hair (when I had my super mullet) and completely destroy my 63 Strat's waterslide decal and melt some nitro. Never knew what was going on until I saw people pointing at me.

Lets here your story of your brush with stupidity or close calls. May or may not be your own.

For entertainment purposes only.

Early on in my cover band days, we had a pretty significant par can light show. The old heavy steel ones.
At one club, the ceiling was pretty low over the stage, and the lighting truss was just barely above the drummers head.
No, his hair didn't catch fire, but what did happen was pretty friggin hilarious.
He had hung his faux leather jacket too close to a par can. All through the set, we were looking around trying to figure out where that horrible burning smell was coming from. Lol.
His jacket had shrunk like a shrinky dink in an oven.
It was very hot, very soft, and two sizes smaller than it used to be.