I want a Mapple Replacement Neck for my Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by [email protected], Oct 7, 2006.

1. Z@phod

[email protected] Strat-Talk Member

Friends,
    I am so amazed with the playability of the mapple neck on my Mex Players Deluxe Strat (pictured in my signature photo) that I am seriously conasidering relpacing the stock rosewood fingerboarded neck on my '91 American standard with a similar to the mex. The mex is a 12" radius while the AmStd is a 9,5" radius. Any suggestions as to which 12" mapple neck would be suitable for my Am Std, as well as to where I may get it from? Thank you all.

2. 62stratfan

62stratfan Strat-Talk Member

Hi [email protected],

Warmoth makes Fender-licensed replacement necks of high quality. If you like the 12" radius, you may find their compound radius neck attractive, too. It goes from 10" at the nut to 16" at fret 22. There may be a couple of issues to consider, though. First, you won't get a Fender decal. Also, the AmStd should have the Micro-Tilt feature which includes some hardware at the neck heel.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~kmh13/stratneck/neck6.jpg

I haven't seen a Warmoth neck with that hardware installed, though they may offer it. There's lots of good neck information at their site.

http://www.warmoth.com/

Lots of players have swapped necks, it's just that there may be more to it than removing one and attaching another.

Good Luck
    62stratfan

3. rowdy27

rowdy27 Strat-Talk Member

Take it to a trusted local shop & let an expert install it for best results friend.

4. Z@phod

[email protected] Strat-Talk Member

I had in mind the MicroTilt mechanism this is why I asked as the replacement does not indeed seem to be a straightforward one. rowdy27 has good advice. I will visit tomorrow the nearest authorised Fender service shop in Athens and will ask them to see what they say. I will also try to see which other contemporary fenders may have all three: mapple neck, microtilt and 12". If all seems impossible, I will stay as I am. The Am Std is alright, really, after all.

5. rjhalsey

rjhalsey Strat-Talker Vendor Member

6. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Strat-Talk Member

The Eric Johnson Strats will soon start getting parted out. They have a nice 12" radius maple neck, you may also want to google - USACG - they have some nice parts.

Good luck !