colaiza1965

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 6, 2012
Lake Forest CA
Based on the Vox AC30S1, I was just wondering if you were given a choice, what options of the AC30 you would prefer. What AC30 would you create?
I like both the Normal and Top boost Channels. I would love just one input like the S1. A power attenuator is a nice touch and makes it versatile, but the SA1 does not have one. Also, a channel switcher pedal that also included a reverb switch and boost too would be awesome. Gotta keep effx loop. Personally I have no use for the Tremolo. All that with 1 greenback. Just my two cents. What do you guys think???

Last edited:

Handsome McClane

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 6, 2020
Sacramento
I've got an AC15C1 with a Greenback and it's pretty perfect for me when I want the Vox thing. I would like to try one of those Alnico Blue speakers though.

Jim Carl

Strat-Talker
Jan 20, 2021
Colorado
I don't have an AC30, I have an AC15c1 in vintage black. This was a Sweetwater exclusive. It came with a Celestion creamback.

I like to play my strat through the top boost channel and my tele through the normal channel.

I haven't played other Vox amps but as far as I'm concerned this is the perfect Vox amp for me.

Jay H

Strat-Talk Member
Dec 12, 2020
Kansas
I went with the AC30S1 because I wanted just a 112 and something a little more portable than the 212 AC30.

I still play in a band/gig and I think the AC15 could have hung in there but I find an effects loop to be crucial for my needs and the AC15 doesn't have one and to be honest 30 watts is about my lowest power cut off point while still playing in a band.

Latest posts