Identifying/Pricing '96 MIM HSS

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Chelp, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Chelp

Chelp New Member!

Based off serial number MN611 I know it was made in 1996. Trying to figure out how much it's worth and if the humbucker pickups were put in after production. Stamped with serial # and Made in Mexico on the front. Bright red, white pick guard, dark neck and light head.

2. Chelp

Chelp New Member!

Here is a picture.

Attached Files:

3. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member

Admin Post
    That's one of the traditional serious guitars. Same body and neck as a regular Mexican Strat but cheaper electronics and hardware. How much are they asking? I personally wouldn't go more than 200 even if it's super nice.

4. Chelp

Chelp New Member!

I was told the electronics are nicer than usual which is why I'm questioning if they could have been a custom job. I am the owner looking to sell. I have been offered $300 and just trying to make sure it's not worth more.

5. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster

If it's yours take the $300 and run! it's only worth about half of that maybe 200 max with case...

6. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member

Admin Post
    No matter what electronics are in it, $300 is a decent price to sell it for.

7. Chelp

Chelp New Member!

Ok thank you!

8. Jack FFR1846

Jack FFR1846 Senior Stratmaster

I've had a few of these (my avatar was a 97 and I repainted in nitro hot rod red, which is almost the same). If it's all stock, it's a sub $200 guitar. Essentially Squier pickups and electrics. Trapazoidal (crap) tuners. Great neck. Normal body without veneer. The solid black lettering gives it away. Squier Series has the notation on the ball of the headstock and solid white pickguard. I can't remember any other differences (have had a few Squier Series as well). Great guitars to mod. Don't overpay, though.