I'm outta here for now

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by benbo, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Bruster

Bruster Strat-O-Master

There's definitely some crazy posting for the contest. But to be honest, I've made more contact with existing and new members, learned more about the members that are in my home town, my home country, and and continued to learn about strats since the contest. I've also seen way more new Strat-candy form pic posting. If you don't like a subject, don't reply. I suppose you could consider yourself disadvantaged because you don't want to post along with the banter. But overall I recon the pro's far outweigh the cons...for the forum.

2. Dirt Rich

Dirt Rich Banned

Besides, some of the nonsense posts here make me laugh. I enjoy them. I do agree, we're mainly here to talk about guitars, but the bs posts keep things light, and you get to know something about the other members here besides what kind of guitars they own.

3. orcslayer

orcslayer Senior Stratmaster

Well Benbo doesn't seem to have replied, so I guess he hasn't checked the Forum & realy is "outta here". Too bad, he would see that all of us wanted him to stay.

4. Diamond Jim

Diamond Jim Strat-O-Master

I had a really earth shattering, profound reply for this thread but I was too wordy and it timed out on me. So....

Britney or Katy Perry?

Jim

5. benbo

benbo Strat-Talker

Please dont get me wrong, i'm not outta here for good, hell I love this place. I just got kinda fed up with all the crazy posts that were going on. Funny posts are cool but you have to admit a lot of them are just nonsense. I do feel a sense of community here, everyone is nice and love what I love, their Strats, well I love my Tele and LP too and my PRS, I play my Strat and Tele more than all of them, the LP sits in it's case 99% of the time and the PRS, well I actually use it for testing humbucker winds out on, great playing guitar though just sorta boring..

I hope no one took this post as being directed toward anyone with any malice, I was just stating a concern of mine only. I realize now after reading the post that I first mentioned it was satirical in nature. I hope I used the right word and in the right context:confused:

6. hendrixfan

hendrixfan Senior Stratmaster

cool man glad to see your still around

7. PeteG45

PeteG45 Strat-O-Master

I think that in the long run all of this increased traffic will have a profound impact on this site. The adrenaline induced posting flurry that we're seeing is going to provide a lot of users the opportunity to chime in without fear. There are always a lot of non posting users (I'm guessing here) that are now getting into using the site.

The contest will end and much, though I certainly hope not all, of the silliness will fade away. We will be left with a much more involved and active body of members. I think that this is the ultimate goal of a contest like this.

On the other hand I could be completely wrong and it could be that someone wanted to start a thread about underpants and this whole contest is just a diversion.

8. johnreardon

johnreardon Senior Stratmaster

:D of course you are wrong. I think underpants are an essential part of your equipment :)

9. Bruster

Bruster Strat-O-Master

And all this because of a relatively affordable (but awesome) guitar!!

10. xen_

xen_ Strat-Talker

'Satirical' will do fine ... BUT we still wanna know what colour undies you wear when playing your strat dude! :twisted:

11. patl

patl Strat-O-Master

You obviously don't wear a kilt :p

12. johnreardon

johnreardon Senior Stratmaster

never, that's for Scotsmen. I am Welsh

13. PeteG45

PeteG45 Strat-O-Master

I like my shorts like I like my Tele. Black with no binding.