In Ben We Trust!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Guy Named Sue, Sep 28, 2020.

1. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Most Honored Senior Member

Abby says she hopes you will stay, and so do I. image.jpg

2. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Senior Stratmaster

I think it's pretty apparent who made the ridiculous complaint that started all this. Don't think I've even seen them add anything substantive here. Mostly just snotty remarks.

ukoldgit, Stonetone and rafasounds like this.
  3. tanta07

tanta07 Strat-O-Master

Does a thread have to be reported to get deleted? I'm having a hard time imagining someone reading Ben's post, reaching out in a time of pain, and then hitting "report" on it.

ukoldgit, soulman969, ChrisD and 4 others like this.
  4. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Senior Stratmaster

Yeah. You'd think. But there are always those who have so little power or influence in their own life that they are obsessed with enforcing "rules" against others, warranted or not. Has nothing to do with the underlying issue really. Merely a tool to puff up their own flaccid egos.

5. rafasounds

rafasounds Senior Stratmaster

You wouldn't be very surprised to realize that lately someone has been in a cop neurosis around here

Baelzebub likes this.
  6. tery

tery Dr. Stratster

7. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too.

Hugs from Lumbergh and Winston:
    [​IMG]

8. CigBurn

CigBurn Total Hack

Lily sends her best too. :)
    69976535_542341499840215_3163783136274284544_n.jpg

Me too, but I'm ugly so no pic.

9. dante1963

dante1963 Senior Stratmaster

It honestly seems pretty weird. Usually the mods (I think) do a great job keeping things from getting ugly, and are quick to get rid of posts that are against the (again I think) very reasonable edicts against religion or politics.

But...this??

Ben seems like an extraordinarily sweet young man. I've never once seen him post anything remotely offensive. He wasn't espousing a political view, or taking a religious position. He was asking for some support from his online buddies (and I'd be pleased if I could count myself as one of those), because he lost a dear friend tragically and was in emotional pain. He mentioned the way she died. That's all.

I would assume that the rule against threads about suicide are more along the lines of not wanting people to threaten suicide, or advocate suicide (not that there's a ton of people staking out that position, thankfully.)

So, this seems like a mystery. If it was the word suicide, couldn't the mods have just deleted the word? This just seems strange. Could it be the asking for prayers? Which, I consider along the lines of "please keep me in your thoughts" or "Please wish me the best through this tough time." Again, nothing offensive there.

Ben's a good guy and I hope he sticks around.

10. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

it seems that more discretion should have been used on this one, especially considering the guy who posted it, not a trouble-maker, in fact, a good dude...

oh, and as for adhering to the guidelines to this thread:

rot.jpg

Stratbats, soulman969, Mouse and 5 others like this.
  11. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

After nap time , these two will be right behind ya, buddy! IMG_20200928_163056.jpg IMG_20200928_163047.jpg

12. ibdrkn1

ibdrkn1 Strat-O-Master

I'm still relatively new on this site so I haven't had a chance to get to know who's who.

In another thread about deleted posts I mentioned that I'm not a fan of a "P.C." world & what has happened to Ben is part of why.

He's now been made to feel wrong for having his own thoughts, feelings, & problems because someone else may have different thoughts, feelings & problems.

I'm sure the site has liability reasons for not allowing such topics to be discussed. I also know that there are sites specifically geared towards those topics.

However, this is the site that has our online peers. People who are connected by more positive things but still have valid experience & insight.

Instead of everyone feeling that they can share their thoughts, feelings & problems thus presenting an opportunity for open discussion there is one less way to get through something.

I have worked through my own issues a long time ago. At that time I was not on any forums of any kind. It would have been nice to have been able to reach out to anyone. There are some situations where you just need to vent & some where you don't need judgement of someone you are close to in real life.

Now I'm not suggesting this site is a legitimate alternative to actual therapy. I'd like to think most of us would include a suggestion to seek professional help when dealing with serious issues.

That being said just talking about what's on your mind & discovering other people (like you) have faced similar issues & come out ok-ish is of great comfort.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    soulman969, 3bolt79 and Guy Named Sue like this.
  13. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

Daisy wants you to stick around Ben.

IMG_2649.JPG

14. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 The Wizard next door................

I'm in........................

wd3.jpg

15. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Most Honored Senior Member

But, I've been using Louis Tully for sooooo long. How could I possibly ...

Guy Named Sue likes this.
  16. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Censored

That's the most adorable thing I've seen:)

Lovnmesomestrat and Ebidis like this.
  17. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Censored

It's a great community that reaches far and beyond anything that keeps us apart. Some of us have met each other and shared a drink and jammed together. We care about each other in a deep way, I know I've had my moments of hardship in life where talking to people here has made me feel better. We're like a big family and we don't judge each other. Heck you can be the crappies guitar player, record yourself and put it in the MyMusic section and all you'll get is support and love.

I can give you a long list of times where members that don't even know me have done or said something that absolutely has made my day, I've had members send me gifts without asking for anything in return. I try to do my part and spread joy.

If we lose that, well what's left to come here for? The maple vs rosewood discussions? I could do without...

soulman969, Ebidis and ibdrkn1 like this.
  18. nadzab

nadzab Play Don't Worry Silver Member

I'm in. Profile pic changed to Miss Phoebe & Oliver. Please don't cut us loose, Ben!

IMG_1126.jpg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  19. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

What are you blathering on about now you bloated windbag?

How's that for love and support?:whistling::p:D

rgbedard, soulman969, ibdrkn1 and 2 others like this.
  20. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Censored

Aaah pipe down you hack!! Look this here is the reason why our Strat-talk Santa ran away from us:p:D