Join Strat-Talk Today

Inbound NGD, WW10 Two Tone

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by LostNspace, Sep 26, 2019.

1. RevBillyG

RevBillyG Strat-Talker

Love flame maple necks

2. integra evan

integra evan Strat-O-Master

That looks awesome!

LostNspace likes this.
  3. axejock

axejock Senior Stratmaster

Nice! Here's a silly question, though. Why do some folks love the Nitro finishes? I know that is what was used on the originals way back when, but the newer finishes just seem more durable and tougher than the Nitro to me. Is it basically an originality thing?

4. SachaPlusDeluxe

SachaPlusDeluxe Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Stunning, the build is VERY close to my 1955 limited edition relic, if it's anything like mine, you'll be in Strat heaven ;) Enjoy

LostNspace likes this.
  5. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Senior Stratmaster

I’ve got a Strat with a nitro finish. It’s a pretty soft finish so it’s not durable and that will be a problem over time but the tactile feel is completely different from my other ones. It feels nicer to the touch somehow. One of my others has a thick poly finish and the other has the latest super hard glassy finish. The nitro one is the one with the nicest feel.

LostNspace likes this.
  6. AxemanVR

AxemanVR I appreciate, therefore I am... Strat-Talk Supporter

I can only speak for myself, but I prefer nitro for two reasons:

1) Nitro has a rich soft luster that poly lacks imo. Poly makes a guitar look kind of fake to me.

2) All finishes get scratched, chipped and marred. I think nitro just ages and wears in a more elegantly desirable way...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    LostNspace likes this.
  7. Martins Strat

Martins Strat Strat-Talker

Looks stunning, the only way you could move up from that would be with an actual 55, still might not be as good as that though!

LostNspace likes this.
  8. LostNspace

LostNspace Strat-Talk Member

Well said. I will add that some people think thin nitro finishes also sound differently than thick poly. I am in that camp. Both Fender and Gibson spent a lot of time and money dissecting vintage guitars trying to get reissue guitars to sound like the originals. In the end, I think the only way was to duplicate the originals.

This is the nicest playing, sounding, and feeling Strat I have ever owned. It showed up today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AxemanVR and Andrew Wasson like this.
  9. LostNspace

LostNspace Strat-Talk Member

Indeed. Just awesome. You can feel it resonate against your body. Wonderful tone. Wildwood does the best setups next to me. Did not have to touch a thing.

SachaPlusDeluxe likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.