Inexpensive Acoustic?

StratUp

Dr. Stratster
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
I like the Ibanez inexpensive acoustics but it's been a few years since I bought one. Nice necks, comparable to electrics I play.

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania
I like that one!

The ones I tried. I don’t think I’d like even with a setup.
I think I’m looking for a 00.

After the holidays I should have a better idea what I can get.
Sounds like a fine plan. I'd guess this is not the best time of year for careful in-person evaluation.

Keep us posted. I am interested to see what you find.

fos1

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Nov 7, 2018
Texas
I have a beautiful Godin Seagull S6. I is so nice an instructor I had in Kansas played it at the beginning of every lesson. It is a great value, if you can find one.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
Premium acoustics - no setup?
1982 to around 86 or so worked at two family owned music stores. The first was a Martin dealer the second was an Alvarez Yairi and that shop usually had at least one high dollar classical in stock.
I don't really know what premium means, but the Martins were expensive and the Yairi were much less but it was still an amount of money that most people would not be spending. The classical guitars were usually over a thousand bucks and that was in the mid eighties economy.

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
Thanks, I traded my acoustic awhile back. Now I’m itching for another.
I’m looking for one of those thinner body ones I can play sitting on my couch. @StratoMutt I have been looking into used, but haven’t found the one that played one that I’ve liked yet. I have tried the big baby Taylor that I liked.
If you're just looking for a good couch player those mini-Martin's have a great sound and are a good value. You can find them used for a couple hundred bucks.

sisq61

Strat-Talker
Jul 8, 2017
Barcelona
Thanks, I traded my acoustic awhile back. Now I’m itching for another.
I’m looking for one of those thinner body ones I can play sitting on my couch. @StratoMutt I have been looking into used, but haven’t found the one that played one that I’ve liked yet. I have tried the big baby Taylor that I liked.
Washburn R314kk or R315kk. Parlor size. I play it on the couch. Nice V-shaped neck.