iOS Strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by davidKOS, Mar 25, 2014.

1. davidKOS

davidKOS happy at home Strat-Talk Supporter

2. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Most Honored Senior Member

I haven't tried one, but I'm not really interested in having an interface built into the guitar that can only connect to one type of device (and a proprietary device at that). So the iOS interface seems rather gimmicky to me. If you want to record music on an iOS device, there are audio interfaces that will let you plug just about any instrument into the device:
    Focusrite iTrack Solo | Sweetwater.com
    iPad/iPhone Interfaces | Sweetwater.com

3. davidKOS

davidKOS happy at home Strat-Talk Supporter

That's sort of what I was wondering about.

I read the specs, which are OK, but I wonder why this is any better than a regular Strat, an interface, or even just a simple guitar-to-usb cable like this:

[​IMG]

4. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Most Honored Senior Member

Exactly.

5. zstairlessone

zstairlessone Former Member

image-1946821396.jpg

I have this, iRig HD. It connects to the 30 pin of older iOS devices or the Lightning connector of new ones (mine came with both connectors). Seems to work pretty good, and isn't limited to a specific guitar. I haven't run it through Garage Band yet to see how it does there, so we will see about that when I have some free time.

6. DreamError

DreamError Strat-Talker

I've seen them, but I'd rather not have it built into the guitar. I prefer my Line 6 Sonic Port for versatility. I can use my phone as a practice amp and record it into my OP-1 if I want to.