Is it possible?

s5tuart

Perfecting time travel since 2525
Aug 8, 2011
All over the place!
Soldering iron and a damp cloth.
Put the cloth over the ding and heat with the soldering iron to get steam going into the ding.
BE CAREFUL AND DONT BURN IT!
However, looking at the sharpness of the ding it may not work.
Try the technique on a dinged old bit of wood first to get a feel for it!!!

Handsome McClane

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 6, 2020
Sacramento
Gorgeous guitar, I love the color. That ding is hardly noticeable. I'd leave it be.

I dropped a beautiful new silver SG once and chipped a big chunk of paint off the bottom. Ended up refinishing it because I saw it as ruined; regretted it ever since.

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
Dinged my 2004 AmStd in BSB on the corner of a glass r table. Determined not to do anything in the heat of the moment I went back to it a couple of days later and decide it really wasn’t that noticeable, it was gonna happen at some point, but I didn’t want it to get worse. Rubbed the edges with a coarse linen cloth and then dropped some clear nail varnish into the dip. Looks marginally better than it did but I’m now confident there’ll be no spreading.

Scott Baxendale

Most Honored Senior Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 20, 2020
Sante Fe, NM
To fix a minor dent in a Stratocaster body, without making it look more noticeable? The color is blizzard pearl. View attachment 571884
It’s very difficult to touch up metallic colors because of the way the light reflects off the metal flakes. It’s nearly imppossible to touch it up and have it not stand out like a sore thumb when the light is from one direction and nearly invisible when the light is from the other direction. The only way to make it perfect is to overspray the entire surface with a new metallic undercoat. I wouldn’t recommend this.

your best hope would be to take it to the automotive paint store and let their color mixer make up a small bottle of touch up paint, then use it to drop fill the dent. It will still be noticeable though.
<^^^^^>
Now I see that it might not be metallic? That’s easier, but still take it to the automotive paint store and get a bottle of touch up paint.

Stratafied

Dr. Stratster
Oct 29, 2019
North of South
It’s very difficult to touch up metallic colors because of the way the light reflects off the metal flakes. It’s nearly imppossible to touch it up and have it not stand out like a sore thumb when the light is from one direction and nearly invisible when the light is from the other direction. The only way to make it perfect is to overspray the entire surface with a new metallic undercoat. I wouldn’t recommend this.

your best hope would be to take it to the automotive paint store and let their color mixer make up a small bottle of touch up paint, then use it to drop fill the dent. It will still be noticeable though.
<^^^^^>
Now I see that it might not be metallic? That’s easier, but still take it to the automotive paint store and get a bottle of touch up paint.
Thanks Scott.