is there anywhere to buy a genuine Fender 7.25 rosewood neck finished in nitro?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by juliannz1, Jan 14, 2021.

1. juliannz1

juliannz1 Strat-Talk Member

All i seem to see is all parts and stuff, I have found one thats almost perfect but it has a pau ferro fretboard, i really want a rosewood one. Anyone anywhere know where I can get one?

2. guitarchaeologist

guitarchaeologist Papa Americano Silver Member

eBay, Reverb, etc. I see them there regularly, but getting them shipped down under might be rather expensive.
    Is there a particular model you are looking for?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  3. Wrighty

Wrighty Most Honored Senior Member

Since the demise of ‘Genuine Fender Rosewood Necks ‘R’ Us’, you’ll find it difficult!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  4. SpeedKing

SpeedKing Senior Stratmaster

I believe the only rosewood board, 7.25 radius, nitro finished neck Fender still make would be on an American made reissue (nothing MIM has rosewood now) and as such be pretty expensive and tricky to find unless Stratosphere had one at some point... The only other Fender option would be from a top line nitro Japanese reissue.

The other solution is a Fender licensed product from Musikraft you could have made to your own spec (I'm just finishing a build with one ... CBS headstock, skunk and stripe one piece construction, vintage frets, vintage truss and my chosen back shape. It looks to be excellent quality and they can still supply rosewood boards I believe and can finish in nitro for you) or similar from Allparts but I've never seen their necks and I'm not sure about rosewood there either and I know you've already looked at them.

Sorry I can't help more. What's it going on?

5. nutball73

nutball73 Senior Stratmaster

You might be able to get an Allparts one. They are the same necks used in Japanese Fenders. You also might be able to get a Japanese Fender neck easier in NZ - they are really good.

Edit: the allparts ones will be unfinished and the Japanese ones won't be nitro - sorry! But I once tried a Japanese 54 model and it was better than my nitro finished 1954 Commemorative strat...

6. SpeedKing

SpeedKing Senior Stratmaster

To my knowledge Allparts necks are NOT used in Japanese Fenders.

Genuine Fender Japan necks are usually poly finished but some top line models ARE nitro.

Whatever the finish Japanese quality is very high.

7. guitarchaeologist

guitarchaeologist Papa Americano Silver Member

8. nutball73

nutball73 Senior Stratmaster

Maybe a bad assumption on my part then - afaik Allparts necks are made in Japan and are Fender licensed; my received wisdom is that they are made at the same factory as Fender Japan.

Do you have more info? I'd be interested to know the story.

Either way, the Allparts SEO on my strat is the best neck I've ever played on any strat including dozens of custom shops. But then I did the finishing...;)