Is this a Classic Vibe Strat?

HSH Classic Vibe

Strat-Talker
May 29, 2022
Republic of Squierland
And more importantly Tonerider Pickups, can't stand the ones in the newer CV's 🙂👍
I love the worthless Fender-designed Chinese pickups in my new Indonesian Classic Vibe 70s Stratocaster. Coincidentally, do you know where Tonerider makes their pickups?

Both the guitar in my avatar and my CV 50s Tele from 2014 have Toneriders in them. Love them. But not so much that I'm needlessly going to dis the ones in the current CV's, which for build quality are absolutely as good or better than the Chinese ones. And all the old VMs that are not CVs have improved features, including the bridge and pickups in my CV 70s, and the bridge in my Bass VI. The bashing of the current CVs really needs to stop if only because it is contrary to reality.

Ebidis

Providing the world with flat bends since 1985
Nov 14, 2013
Alabama
I love the worthless Fender-designed Chinese pickups in my new Indonesian Classic Vibe 70s Stratocaster. Coincidentally, do you know where Tonerider makes their pickups?

Both the guitar in my avatar and my CV 50s Tele from 2014 have Toneriders in them. Love them. But not so much that I'm needlessly going to dis the ones in the current CV's, which for build quality are absolutely as good or better than the Chinese ones. And all the old VMs that are not CVs have improved features, including the bridge and pickups in my CV 70s, and the bridge in my Bass VI. The bashing of the current CVs really needs to stop if only because it is contrary to reality.
This old (2012) Indonesian made VM is a great guitar. I love the Duncan Designed bridge pickup, and as far as I can tell, the hardware is as good as my MIM Fenders.

fullsizeoutput_3e3.jpeg

So were the other 2 VM's I have owned. So was the CV '50s Strat I owned.

Squier is putting out some great guitars these days.

Stu78

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 20, 2019
Scotland

I like the CV series and they should represent value for money. However I am not bashing the new one's made in Indonesia needlessly. I have bought 3 in the last few years and all got sent back for serious QC issues.

For example the twisted headstock on a Mustang Bass with poorly aligned bridge and string ferrules. Shielding paint on a Strat that was poorly applied which fouled up the electrics. A Tele with poorly seated frets with sharp edges. The Tele also had poorly soldered electronics with no ground attached, And a pickguard that thought it was in Star Trek (i.e full warped).

When you add to this sterile pickups, necks that look like they have had a bad spray tan and general poor fit and finish it doesn't really scream quality does it?. There's a reason why there are a plethora of newer CV's to be had 2nd hand on ebay and the like were as the older one's are not so common.

The quality of new CV's gets bashed for good reason IMO and experience.

Last edited:

Ebidis

Providing the world with flat bends since 1985
Nov 14, 2013
Alabama
I really really really like the Chinese-run CV models. (And VM models, practically the same)

Super high quality for the price. Some are just boat anchors but man what a guitar you can buy.
I have nothing but good things to say about the old VM models.