Is this a good deal? (modded USA Strat Deluxe 2010)

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by JTPHead, Aug 18, 2021.

1. JTPHead

JTPHead New Member!

Hey there fellow guitarristas.
    I have the chance to buy an American Stratocaster Deluxe from 2010 at a good price (around 1000 euro).
    The guitar has been modified as follow

PUPS
    JB Seymour Duncan Humbucker in the bridge position, and 2 Texas special in the middle and neck.

db Boost push-push on the volume knob, adjustable up until +20db with one of the tone knobs..

splittable Humbucker

the usual S1 switch.

Sounds great to me, but I wonder if it makes sense to go for a Deluxe, if pickups and electronics are so different than the stock one.
    Of course I'll also have to try it, but I'm living abroad right now and I'll visit my hometown in about a month, so I have time to overthink this.

Thanks

2. joesatch

joesatch Strat-Talker

i like the pickup swap, that's a rock machine that can do blues as well. Price seems high but i'm used to paying $700 US for american deluxe strats

3. Eligius1976

Eligius1976 Strat-Talker

To me is seems a fair price… I have a 2015 american deluxe HSH and it”s a very good guitar.
    Here in Spain, a 2011 mim road worn player with these pups, the seller is asking for 700€!! In this case I think it’s a little bit overpriced, isn’t?

4. thegrasshopper

thegrasshopper Strat-Talker

For me the price is fair... If you like how it sounds and feels, go for it!

5. John C

John C Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

Nice mods on that one - not everyone likes the stock N3 noiseless pickups or the stock Fender humbucker (and a 2010 would predate the change to the "Shawbucker" humbucker that occurred in 2015); the boost circuit sounds cool as well.

Being as I'm in the USA I can't judge the price in Euros but it would go for $900-$1,000 here with those mods; no gain, but you're only losing $100-$200 off the used price of a stock one.