Is your #1 Strat not a Fender?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

felis

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 27, 2013
Antwerp/Belgium
You do realize that was a mistake right? Fender didn’t really overrule anything. If they started selling Tokai with Stratocaster on the headstock then that’s a whole different thing. There’s actually loads of marketing ads that say one thing and show another.
Technically many Tokais have been Fender branded and sold as Stratocasters by Fender.

I want to add, I try to not bash Fender.
I have told here before that I have great respect for Fender and their original design.

I just like my Tokais, thats all.

Intune

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
Technically many Tokais have been Fender branded and sold as Stratocasters by Fender.

I want to add, I try to not bash Fender.
I have told here before that I have great respect for Fender and their original design.

I just like my Tokais, thats all.

Yes I agree they are damn fine guitars and wish they were around here. I’ve even only seen briefly a Les Paul type Tokai.

Will Lefeurve

Mar 1, 2016
Angleterre et France
Yes I agree they are damn fine guitars and wish they were around here. I’ve even only seen briefly a Les Paul type Tokai.
Yeah.. I think we got lucky in the YUK as far as Tokai imports went. Lots of Strats and Les Pauls. The early Springy's are getting thin on the ground now though, although they do occasionally crop up on sites like Gumtree. People are usually asking a premium though.

My Tokai Springy-Sound that I bought new in 1981 along with a Tokai hard case is truly a lovely guitar. A joy to behold. Light and well sculpted, just like the original Fullerton curved Fenders. The difference in that than my 1997 AM Standard really is very noticeable body wise.. I'd give the Standard the edge on the pickups though.. I'm a big fan of the stock Alnico V's. Great pups as far as I'm concerned.. :thumb:

Intune

Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah.. I think we got lucky in the YUK as far as Tokai imports went. Lots of Strats and Les Pauls. The early Springy's are getting thin on the ground now though, although they do occasionally crop up on sites like Gumtree. People are usually asking a premium though.

My Tokai Springy-Sound that I bought new in 1981 along with a Tokai hard case is truly a lovely guitar. A joy to behold. Light and well sculpted, just like the original Fullerton curved Fenders. The difference in that than my 1997 AM Standard really is very noticeable body wise.. I'd give the Standard the edge on the pickups though.. I'm a big fan of the stock Alnico V's. Great pups as far as I'm concerned.. :thumb:

Being in Canada and looking in pretty much every guitar shop/pawn shop since I was a kid at guitars, I’ve never come across one. A few on reverb but they are in the UK

Will Lefeurve

Mar 1, 2016
Angleterre et France
Being in Canada and looking in pretty much every guitar shop/pawn shop since I was a kid at guitars, I’ve never come across one. A few on reverb but they are in the UK
Yes its strange that the export market didn't seem to stretch to you guys. I've a mate who travels to Japan quite often on business, and he occasionally brings a Tokai back. He always tells me I'd be like a kid in a candy store if I visited.. ha ha..

Intune

Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
Yes its strange that the export market didn't seem to stretch to you guys. I've a mate who travels to Japan quite often on business, and he occasionally brings a Tokai back. He always tells me I'd be like a kid in a candy store if I visited.. ha ha..

Yes and it’s not like I live in a rural area. Here in Edmonton there’s probably at least 20 big and small guitar shops. There’s 6 long and McQuades now which is equivalent to a Guitar Center. Still haven’t seen one.

Kyri

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 28, 2009
UK
I like most strats, my favourite one is this, although the Japanese ones from early 80's are close.

Attachments

• schec.JPG
    schec.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts