It’s Begun!

jwag

Strat-O-Master
Aug 9, 2015
Saint Louis
This morning I ordered a new black Classic Series 60’s Strat body, and a set of Pure Vintage 59 pickups for my first ever partscaster build. The seller offers a ten percent discount if you order three or more items, got it for all for $351 and some change. I have a offer in on a new Classic Series 60’s neck (my favorite) I’m hoping they accept. Now I just need to order the rest of what I need to officially get this party started! I could have bought one I suppose, but wanted to upgrade the electronics anyway, and try the vintage style locking tuners. I’m not sure it’d be worth the difference to put the USA tremolo on it, but I may do it regardless. Still undecided on the plastics at the moment, leaning toward parchment!

5A4C8881-F0DB-48E9-BD9B-96B6EA538D15.png

jwag

Strat-O-Master
Aug 9, 2015
Saint Louis
Nice! :) DIY is so satisfying. So many more options.

Keep us posted.
Will do!

I’m way more excited than I should be, haha! I love the Classic Series 60’s Strat’s and wanted to build one with a few mods to make it a little more personalized. I have two already that I love, and can’t bring myself to change anything on them, so I decided to build a one.

RPKennedy

Senior Stratmaster
Platinum Supporting Member
Apr 27, 2013
Oconomowoc, WI
If you ask me, (which you didn't) a mint green pickguard would be magnificent on a black body & rosewood neck.

I presume the Classic Series 60s fretboard is rosewood ...

jwag

Strat-O-Master
Aug 9, 2015
Saint Louis
If you ask me, (which you didn't) a mint green pickguard would be magnificent on a black body & rosewood neck.

I presume the Classic Series 60s fretboard is rosewood ...
Mint Green is the only other option I’ve considered, and agree…I think it would look great as well. I’m going to order the plastics last to ensure I don’t change my mind.

In reference to the neck, I wish it was Rosewood…Pau Ferro is all I’ve been able to find, and I’m fine with that. I’d buy a nice used Rosewood example if I could find one, aesthetically that would be my preference.

Latest posts