It’s mine officially now

stratblast

Strat-O-Master
Jan 17, 2015
OMAHA, NEBRASKA
I just paid off my friend for my latest strat today. It’s mine all mine now. I am not going to sell it again. Sold it to her a couple of years ago, and then bought it a couple of weeks ago when she needed to sell it. It’s an FSR 2017 fender American Special Strat. It has zero fret wear. She never played it

Yeah, it was a little expensive, but it was still 400 dollars less that the same guitar on reverb, and this one has a nice case. View attachment 560908
Looks like a nice guitar. A real black beauty. I have several strats but none all black. I have several traditional pick up strats. But I prefer the HSS. Strats. As I play a lot of hard rock. With a lot of distortion at times. But I would be tempted to buy a SSS. Strat again if it looked like that one. I especially like the aged (off white) tremolo tip and control knobs against the black. Sort of soothing aesthetic wise.

stratblast

Strat-O-Master
Jan 17, 2015
OMAHA, NEBRASKA
The guitar is a beauty! Like others have said, that is a great do over.

Nice CD collection. All of my music is mostly on my iPhone these days. I still have a couple of large boxes of CDs. They are some of the many boxes of mine that my wife wants me to pitch.... :(
You aren’t alone. Got the same thing going here. When I remarried 5 years ago. I ended up packing all my vhs tapes up over 400 tapes and just giving them to a friend. I never watched them once cd s became poular. Now the wife wants me to give away all my music and video cds. And old amiga commodore computer games. Thousands of pieces of material which doesn’t get used. I’m in a quandary. Cuz I spent a lot of money buying all that stuff but I can’t take it with me. And I’m 66 don’t know how much time I have left. Trying to sell my old comics online now to get some cash. Old Dr Stranges are coming upstairs today. I maybe be able to make some quick cash on comics I only spent a nickel on or traded for as a kid.

Jimbo99

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 5, 2021
Palm Coast, FL
That sounds like the life of the 2016 Squier Affinity I bought in 2019. I got it for $ 55, rarely played it, sold it to another locally and fortunately he never bonded with it, opting to go after a Super Shredder Ibanez. So I bought it back from him for a reasonable amount. Any proceeds were a modest monthly rental with some left over for a mint green pickguard, trem cover & Musiclilly Trem Block upgrade. I still rarely play it myself, but the recent trem block upgrade and it's harder to resist being played more often. It's my Squier Clapton Blackie named Luna (bought originally at a Mezzaluna Pizza parking lot locally). Love the look & sound, the mint green is almost glow in the dark/full moon vibe.

1651688121987.jpeg

3bolt79

Dr. Stratster
Oct 16, 2018
Oregon
That sounds like the life of the 2016 Squier Affinity I bought in 2019. I got it for $ 55, rarely played it, sold it to another locally and fortunately he never bonded with it, opting to go after a Super Shredder Ibanez. So I bought it back from him for a reasonable amount. Any proceeds were a modest monthly rental with some left over for a mint green pickguard, trem cover & Musiclilly Trem Block upgrade. I still rarely play it myself, but the recent trem block upgrade and it's harder to resist being played more often. It's my Squier Clapton Blackie named Luna (bought originally at a Mezzaluna Pizza parking lot locally). Love the look & sound, the mint green is almost glow in the dark/full moon vibe.

View attachment 561008
We have a Metzzaluna Pizza place in Eugene,mOregon. I wonder if it’s owned by the same people.

Jimbo99

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 5, 2021
Palm Coast, FL
Thi
We have a Metzzaluna Pizza place in Eugene,mOregon. I wonder if it’s owned by the same people.
The one's around here are more of a chain pizza place. The Town Center location is the parking lot transaction location. There's a Publix grocery store there too, I picked Luna because it sounds better than Publix.

Jimbo99

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 5, 2021
Palm Coast, FL
Yeah…don’t want to find a Publix hair in your pizza:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I've bought so much of my gear in parking lots, people are paranoid your gonna home invasion them these days. That or see the rest of their collection and target them later for breaking & entering when they aren't home. Makes sense. But I always worry that they stole it from someone else.

I bought a Fender Mustang I V2 amp in a Wal-Mart parking lot in Jacksonville, FL. The Squier Bullet was a Aldi grocery store purchase in New Smyrna Beach, FL. The Orange Crush 12 PiX was a garage sale spot at a 3 way intersection. I probably miss that purchase if I don't have to stop for traffic. Never got to thank that motorist that day.

3bolt79

Dr. Stratster
Oct 16, 2018
Oregon
Yeah I got a Fender hard case with the guitar, as well as a Divine Noise 30ft curly cable wit a Neutrik silent plug.

I set it up for her with a L&C and nut slot adjustment a couple of years ago when she took possession of it. It’s only been played a few times in the last couple of years.

It has D’Addario XL110 0-46on it right now. If I go to EB Cobalt or EB Classic Rock-n-Roll pure nickel, I may have to tweak the set up.

So basically I paid 700 bucks for the guitar, and the brand new Fender Tolex case, the gig bag, and the boutique cord were $300.00.

I thought it was a fair price as she could have got more, even locally, and I was prepared to spend that much on a recent Special or Performer. The market is what it is these days.