It’s taken nearly 40 guitars and nearly 15 amps…

Tsjackson

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 15, 2016
UK
But I finally have a load of gear that I am absolutely over the moon with.

All have had various modifications, but for the first time in probably 17 years there is nothing I’d change about any of my gear. It’s also the first time in as many years that I’ve actually had 3 guitars, but I can’t part with any of them.

There are still guitars I’d like to try, and quite a few amps I’d like to try. But my search for Tonal Bliss has reached what I assume will be a brief end.

Now I can actually get round to playing them all a bit more than just reading and looking on eBay.

I’m sure they’re not to everyone’s taste, but I. Am. Stoked.

0925CE33-9DF5-4DB0-99A2-E1245BF9AA3D.jpeg

I am positive there are many people on here that can trump 40 guitars and 15 amps… what did you end up with?

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
But I finally have a load of gear that I am absolutely over the moon with.

All have had various modifications, but for the first time in probably 17 years there is nothing I’d change about any of my gear. It’s also the first time in as many years that I’ve actually had 3 guitars, but I can’t part with any of them.

There are still guitars I’d like to try, and quite a few amps I’d like to try. But my search for Tonal Bliss has reached what I assume will be a brief end.

Now I can actually get round to playing them all a bit more than just reading and looking on eBay.

I’m sure they’re not to everyone’s taste, but I. Am. Stoked.

View attachment 573011

I am positive there are many people on here that can trump 40 guitars and 15 amps… what did you end up with?
Well.......I currently have just under 40 guitars and 6 amps but I've gone through well over 300 guitars.

I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not even chasing tone, I just want "all the guitars".

I found the perfect guitar for me a little over ten years ago but that didn't stop me from buying more.

Last edited:

dbb541

Senior Stratmaster
Oct 14, 2010
Eugene
Cool trio, are those F style guitars partscasters? I like the offset tele mashup.
I counted 42 guitars a couple weeks ago and have bought 2 more since then lol. Currently 5 amps. I plan on having a guitar garage sale the next time my wife goes out of town. She doesn't like people around, scared of being robbed, which I totally understand, but I can't ebay this stuff, it's just too much work and I don't want to pay them a cut.

Tsjackson

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 15, 2016
UK
Cool trio, are those F style guitars partscasters? I like the offset tele mashup.
I counted 42 guitars a couple weeks ago and have bought 2 more since then lol. Currently 5 amps. I plan on having a guitar garage sale the next time my wife goes out of town. She doesn't like people around, scared of being robbed, which I totally understand, but I can't ebay this stuff, it's just too much work and I don't want to pay them a cut.
The Strats a Japanese st-67 but with different plastics and pickups, and the offset is a partscaster.

I’m not sure I’d be able to control myself at a guitar garage sale… I’m happy to admit I have a gear buying problem but I feel it’s to early for something like that haha

Tsjackson

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 15, 2016
UK
Will.

Well.......I currently have just under 40 guitars and 6 amps but I've gone through well over 300 guitars.

I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not even chasing tone, I just want "all the guitars".

I found the perfect guitar for me a little over ten years ago but that didn't stop me from buying more.
I take my hat of to you, I want them all too but unfortunately (or probably fortunately) I don’t have the space or money. What was yr perfect one?

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
I take my hat of to you, I want them all too but unfortunately (or probably fortunately) I don’t have the space or money. What was yr perfect one?
IMG_20220327_123037810~2.jpg
The Red 61 RI. I'm not actually a fan of Red guitars and the Black one is an attempt to duplicate the magic in "Not Red".

However, Lil Red stands on top as being the best all around guitar I own/have ever owned.

Tsjackson

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 15, 2016
UK
I've lost count on what I've bought and sold, but it's a lot.

I'm quite pleased with the stuff I have now, but there are still other things I want to at least try.
I’ve felt like that in the past, and then been astonished at how quickly I’d do a u-turn and sell something/everything for a new something… this feels different. Although I too want to try other stuff (amps mainly)

Time will tell

Seamus OReally

Crawling back
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2019
Santa Rosa, CA
I’ll bet if I counted them all up, it might be like half that… maybe 20 guitars, maybe six amps, in there somewhere. I’m down to two guitars that I’m saving for my grandsons and one amp.
After 53 years of playing and multiple sales, trades and giveaways, I'm down to three inexpensive guitars and one amp. I'm pretty much retired out of the music industry so I have no need to continue chasing the headstock anymore.
Roger that. Me, too.

Justin226

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 7, 2020
Brooklyn
Will.

So you’re telling me the gas will never abate??? 😩😩😩