It's Been Awhile Since I've Been Here and/or Posted

Swingbass

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 21, 2011
Nature Coast Florida
For various reasons of moving and being busy playing in 2 bands I've been absent from ST for a few months. As I had an opportunity to log in today I must say I was shocked to see about Helter's passing. He was a great contributor.

For my music life I've joined a country/rock/oldies band we named The Southern Wave Band as lead guitar. I'm having a blast learning how to play country. After 55+ years of playing in rock and oldies bands I'm learning something new. We had our inaugural gig in July. We just had a return gig last night after which the owner booked 3 additional gigs for us this year. We also have received some attention from other places and have booked 7 more additional gigs over the balance of the year. This is in addition to the 10 gigs on the books with my other band, The New Relics. Here's our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/The-Southern-Wave-Band-104612662325239

Here are a few YouTubes from the first gig back in July:

Dick Blackmore

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2017
Black Hole
I’ll catch you up, fingerboard radius!, opinions about {insert subject}, guitars are made of wood and people have opinions about that wood, pickups are made and you should change them often and also you should never change pickups on your guitar, picking technique, how embarrassing is {insert old get off my lawn rocker}, ‘boomer bends’, string gauge, why would you {insert something about guitar}, tubes vs solid state vs digital, and the coup de grace…KETO GUMMIES!!!!

Seamus OReally

Outta here
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2019
Way out west
I’ll catch you up, fingerboard radius!, opinions about {insert subject}, guitars are made of wood and people have opinions about that wood, pickups are made and you should change them often and also you should never change pickups on your guitar, picking technique, how embarrassing is {insert old get off my lawn rocker}, ‘boomer bends’, string gauge, why would you {insert something about guitar}, tubes vs solid state vs digital, and the coup de grace…KETO GUMMIES!!!!
A solid recap. I can’t think of anything you missed.