IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by thomquietwolf, Oct 15, 2021.

1. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Dr. Stratster Gold Supporting Member Silver Member

2. CigBurn

CigBurn Total Hack

I made Italian meatballs stuffed with mozza and the balls stuffed into Italian bread and baked. Then topped with more mozza and marinara. one of my daughters messaged me.. asked me how it turned out.

I replied - "If this was an Italian restaurant attached to a bowling alley, it would totally be worth the $7.95".

Ate it all and played some guitar whilst going full tuscany with a box of wine.

Friday fancy.

3. jrbirdman

jrbirdman Senior Stratmaster Platinum Supporting Member Silver Member

Friday night and I'm on ST...

4. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Dr. Stratster Gold Supporting Member Silver Member

5. StratMike10

StratMike10 Dr. Stratster Silver Member

damn...very intrigued by this, did you actually wrap the ground beef around the cheese? Did you cook the meatballs before stuffing them in the bread? I’m so making this, my mouth was watering reading it.

6. CigBurn

CigBurn Total Hack

What I did was, I made the balls with Italian sausage. First cut some cubes of Mozzarella. Then its easy enough to wrap them in the sausage and place them on foil in the oven. I baked them for about 30 minutes or so at 350. While that was happening I heated up marinara my daughter had made. As well as cutting 6" off the ends from an italian loaf. Then dug out the extra bread making it into sort of a shell.

Once the meatballs were done. I dropped them into the marinara.. then pulled them out and slid them into their shells. a little marinara on the bread.. and some grated fresh parm and back in the oven for a couple minutes. Done.

Doesn't hurt to make a bit of garlic butter bread to go with it all.. and vino. Def not fancy stuff but on a cool night it sometimes hits the spot.

StratMike10 and jrbirdman like this.
  7. StratMike10

StratMike10 Dr. Stratster Silver Member

Sounds really good... dinner tonight.