It's that time of year again

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Chuck8436, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Chuck8436

Chuck8436 Senior Stratmaster

My favorite time of the year. The winter holiday season comes second. I hope you all have some spooky fun these next few weeks! I'll be watching plenty of Halloween specials and horror movies. This will be my second year in the last 12 years that I'm not either hosting or going to a Halloween party, so that sucks. But at least I can still decorate

2. PonyB

PonyB Senior Stratmaster

I've been in this new town for five years, this is the first year I will be decorating and offering candy, can't wait.
    I'm a big horror movie fan (not gore so much unless it's tongue-in-bloody-cheek), so I'll be re-visiting a few favourites (Changeling, Hereditary) and a long-forgotten classic (?), Alice Cooper's Welcome To My Nightmare.

abnormaltoy and Chuck8436 like this.
  3. Chuck8436

Sounds like a good time! I'm going to be moving the week of Halloween, but I'm still going to decorate my new place

abnormaltoy and PonyB like this.
  4. Higgins1980

Higgins1980 Strat-O-Master

Might I recommend a little known gem by Dee Snyder called strange land. Not sure if it would be fully considered a horror movie but a good watch none the less.

5. Chuck8436

I'll check it out! I had no idea he made a movie

abnormaltoy likes this.
  6. elduderinoTF

elduderinoTF Sweatin' Bullets

7. duzie

duzie Senior Stratmaster

I’ve got a dvd which has an alternate ending lol

8. duzie

duzie Senior Stratmaster

This was creepy

abnormaltoy likes this.
  9. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

Anything with Dee could rightly be described as a "horror"...lol.

10. Chuck8436

Hey, now, that's not very nice! Reminds me of when I was in debate camp the summer after my freshman year of high school. I got made fun of by a group of counselors for the twisted sister patch on my jacket. Lol.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  11. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

If you'd ever been up close to Dee and the rest of the "gals" you'd agree...the used to play local clubs on Long Island before they hit MTV...

Higgins1980 and Chuck8436 like this.
  12. Higgins1980

Higgins1980 Strat-O-Master

The cube series is also pretty good low budget indie series a lot haven’t heard of and my personal favorite foreign film. Human centipede. No subtitles but it’s so terrible you don’t need the dialogue.

Chuck8436 likes this.
  13. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member

Admin Post
    Halloween is a non event at our house, I’m just waiting for Thanksgiving turkey!

stormsedge likes this.
  14. ukoldgit

ukoldgit Most Honored Senior Member

15. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon

Non-existent here, everybody is limbering up for bonfire night. The explosions are getting louder and more frequent by the day.

ukoldgit likes this.
  16. stormsedge

stormsedge Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

We stick a bowl of candy at the end of the drive on the night the neighborhood kids are out (organized and supervised by parents). Beyond that, I shut all the lights out and act like we're not at home.

My grown kids and their families still like it, getting out and about.

The town throws a big block party on the square, which is rowdier every year:confused:. Seems an odd ritual for a town in a county that only recently got liquor stores. We now live well outside the blast zone.

17. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

Halloween is my best friend, Shaun's, favorite holiday, as well. He's still in the hospital but thank God today I can say he's finally started to recover from being electrocuted at work in August. But he usually goes all out decorating house & yard, etc...every year.

This year, I was fully prepared to have to do it myself if we ended up in worst-case scenario. Thank God that didn't happen.

Obviously he can't decorate this year and I think the family likely won't be here, either, once they move him to whatever hospital in Houston that they're moving him to. So I'm not going to worry about it. TBH, I'm just grateful to even be able to write all of that.

Edit: Halloween is also Bucketheads favorite holiday. He usually does a special show on Halloween and a costume party but with COVID, I suspect it won't be this year. He is doing something for the woman that invented the Tarot Cards, Pamela Colman Smith. He was supposed to be writing a song every for each of the 78 tarot cards during October. And you can bet it'll get done. That's insane to think about. 78 songs in a month. Most people would take years to write that many, it seems like.

https://www.bucketheadpikes.com/pamela.html

"Starting a new recording project in October called "Music In Pictures". Using the artwork of the 78 tarot cards to make 78 tracks of music based on Pamela Colman Smith's artwork. This will be completed in October of 2021 in celebration of her life and her amazing artistry."

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Chuck8436 and PonyB like this.
  18. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

Wait. What?! The Burbs has an alternate ending?!? Nice! That's been one of my favorite movies since it came out lol. It's still hilarious to this day and I've seen it 1000 times lol

duzie likes this.