I've gone off the DEEP end :)

Theron

Strat-O-Master
Nov 16, 2017
Indiana
I'm super into playing bass now...which is funny, because back when I played with a group I was defaulted to bass because no one wanted to play it, including me.
Now that I don't HAVE to play it, I WANT to play it!

I have that killer Yamaha BB234 that I upgraded almost every component on. I love it; sounds great, plays great.
What I don't love about it: it is heavy as hell and the full-scale length is a little difficult for me. I have really bad shoulders for my age, and after just a while of playing, the top of my left shoulder is killing me from reaching for the lower frets.

I decided that since I am loving playing bass again, I'd invest in something a little more comfortable for me.

This headless, short-scale beauty is out for delivery this morning! Can't wait to get my hands on her!

EHB1.jpg

ups.jpg

2010cb

Strat-O-Master
Silver Member
Nov 21, 2020
NY
Very cool. I didn’t even know those existed. My son uses 30” scale basses as he’s 12 and about 4’-7” or 4’-8”.

Weight matters for him as well. Do you have an idea what they weigh?

Theron

Strat-O-Master
Nov 16, 2017
Indiana
Very cool. I didn’t even know those existed. My son uses 30” scale basses as he’s 12 and about 4’-7” or 4’-8”.

Weight matters for him as well. Do you have an idea what they weigh?
Most of the listing I have found are anywhere from upper 6 to upper 7lb range...I'll weigh mine when it gets here and see.

2010cb

Strat-O-Master
Silver Member
Nov 21, 2020
NY
Most of the listing I have found are anywhere from upper 6 to upper 7lb range...I'll weigh mine when it gets here and see.
Thanks. My son’s #1 is an EBMM stingray short scale that comes in at 7.65lbs. His mustang is over 8lbs and “plays” heavier based on the shape/ergonomics, if that makes sense.

Theron

Strat-O-Master
Nov 16, 2017
Indiana
Thanks. My son’s #1 is an EBMM stingray short scale that comes in at 7.65lbs. His mustang is over 8lbs and “plays” heavier based on the shape/ergonomics, if that makes sense.

I was actually looking at one of the Stingray SS, but decided to go headless too lol, but I love the Stingray SS. It was super comfy and the Neodymium pickup sounds great.

pn8830

Strat-O-Master
Jun 2, 2021
NJ
Sounds familiar. I played bass in college because nobody wanted to do it and because I couldn't play anything. But I liked it, I like the sound of bass and the feel of it. Nice bass! I'm not into headless instruments personally, but I see the benefits.

Slartybartfast

Strat-Talker
Aug 10, 2020
Ca.
I've been switch-hitting on bass and guitar since I was 10 (1971). I love the instrument and the musicians who make it great, like McCartney. About eight years ago I decided I wanted to get a bass gig so I bought a 2010 American Standard P-Bass and the new Acoustic gear out at that time (as a tribute to my mentors) and joined a band almost instantly. It's great instrument, but you have to respect it and not think of it as a simpler, easier to play guitar. Those guys suck. It's a completely different instrument that isn't just for under achieving guitar players.

Doc538

Strat-O-Master
Silver Member
Dec 10, 2017
Ma
Real beauty ! HNBD I don't play much bass but my son who lives with me does.. His favorite is a Gretch short scale I got him for like $300 new.