Jack Bruce RIP

Fendereedo

Most Honored Senior Member
May 7, 2014
Bollocks
Sad news indeed. I only listened into BBC radio last year to Jack Bruce picking his favourite tracks. R.I.P to a legend :(

simoncroft

Still playing. Still learning!
Silver Member
May 30, 2013
SE England
R.I.P. His playing in Cream made me think bass could be as exciting as guitar, so I swapped. I learned a lot from Jack Bruce and, listening to White Room, there is still plenty left to learn. A musical legend who always seemed like a really nice guy.

DJGranite

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 12, 2012
Maine
Wow, sad to hear this...
When I was 8 my uncle gave me his old record player, they were'nt called stereos then, along with 3 albums... Beach Boys-Pet Sounds, The Beatles-Meet the Beatles, and Cream-Disraeli Gears. Although they all got played to death, Cream was the one that died first.....
Those 3 albums helped to define my musical tastes as a young person.
The only one I rebought later in life though was the Cream album on my way to discovering Led Zep, Deep Purple etc.
Jack was influential to me and will be missed.

balston11

Senior Stratmaster
May 8, 2013
Preston UK
Just heard he was one of the heroes of my youth a great bassist fine vocalist and songwriter his work lives on. Sad day indeed

Sonny

.. The smiles returning to the faces ..
Aug 9, 2009
Ballerup Denmark
No no no ....

RIP Jack Bruce

Why do I feel like I've lost something irreplaceable:( this is cruel and sad day for music - maybe the best rock bass player ever .... Sad sad sad

Last edited:

playit

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 14, 2014
Germany
Inspiring man, loved especially his fretless playing, and a good singer, too.
He had a fullfilled, creative life, R.I.P., Mr. Bruce ...