Japanese shinanagans......

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by JimiisGod, Jun 15, 2016.

1. JimiisGod

JimiisGod Strat-Talker

There sure is a lot of Strats on Ebay right now from Japan and while I'm sure I would love to own a few, there is a lot of funky ads/sales right now. Case in point, check the missing bullet..... Generally a 73 Stratocaster would feature 3 bolt neck complete with bullet but in some of these pictures there seems to be a bullet and some not.........just an observation of the times.
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=322054406765&globalID=EBAY-US

2. PCollen

PCollen Senior Stratmaster

Also
    Also, that high -e string looks like it is just about completely off the fret board in the upper fret area.

3. John C

John C Most Honored Senior Member

I think it's the lighting - it seems like there's a flash catching the bullet. But since you can't blow up the photos you can't be sure. Dodgy auction photos - even if the guitar turns out to be legit.

4. pwhite

pwhite Strat-O-Master

I have a 88/89 MIJ I have been on the fence about selling for months now. I don't like it but it's so cool I just don't want to let it go. I literally think about it all the time.

5. PiezoMan

PiezoMan Strat-O-Master

Forget the bullet. That's not aged oly white. That looks like rattle can yellow.

6. fezz parka

fezz parka Duke of DILLIGAF Strat-Talk Supporter

Looks fine to me. :D

Tuners have been swapped out. Other than than it looks fine. The full pic has the bullet there in the glare , it's just hard to see because the pic pretty much sucks. Best I could do:

Screen shot 2016-06-15 at 4.04.36 PM.png

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016