JBL Eon One sound system

Discussion in 'Acoustic Soundboard' started by nifnof70, May 28, 2019.

1. nifnof70

nifnof70 Strat-Talker

Anyone out in Strat-Land have one of these Bose style systems? From the reviews I've seen this is a great deal for smaller venues for a decent price--I'm looking to downsize my current PA and looking for an efficient set-up.

2. Morf2540

Morf2540 Senior Stratmaster

The place we played at this weekend had one as the house PA. Sounded great. And the guy I bought my PA from was selling it because he got one of those Bose arrays instead. It's about a quarter of the size and weight of "old fashioned" passive speakers. And sounds as good or better. It's the way of the future. I have never seen an A-B comparison, to know how the lower-priced knockoffs compare to the actual Bose brand, which is pricey.

3. Edbso

Edbso Strat-Talk Member

I recently left Harman Pro (Crown, JBL, AKG, Soundcraft, Studer, BSS, AMX, Etc.) and I had a EON ONE and EON ONE PRO that I had in my demo pool. Both sounded good but I favored the EON ONE over the PRO version. The PRO version is battery operated and sounded very good for what it was but I liked the higher output and overall audio quality of the EON ONE though.

The best thing I liked about it was it was a complete system (mixer, amp, bluetooth, speaker array, EXT speaker out) in one package making it very easy to carry around (self contained) plus it sounded good. I know there are others out there that may cost a little less but they didn't sound as clear and had the depth the JBL has.

Best thing for you to do is if you're looking at buying one go check it out first hand.

4. shovelmike

shovelmike Senior Stratmaster

I went to a demo of the Bose, the price was a shocker. I ended up with a Gemini, which I am happy with for my nursing home music ministry. The JBL looks like a very good way to go as well. Both JBL and Gemini have built in reverb, which is important to me, saves transportation and setup of pedal board. Many brands don't have it, not even Bose unless you buy the Tonematch until, which costs as much as my whole line array.

5. nifnof70

nifnof70 Strat-Talker

Thank you all for the feedback/info.

Well...I usually don't buy before test driving but pulled the trigger and purchased it (JBL Eon One) from Sweetwater. I will share my thoughts after I've had a chance to tinker with it.

6. Edbso

Edbso Strat-Talk Member

Congrats on your purchase. I think you'll enjoy it. Let us know!