Join Strat-Talk Today

Jeff Beck Stratocaster Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Jimmy R, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock Strat-Talk Supporter

I'm a few months into owning mine now and I'm loving it more and more. The neck is comfortable as hell to play and it's been my go-to guitar to sit around and play unplugged as it's quiet loud and resonant. The features that drew me to this model (LSR Nut, Locking tuners and noiseless pickups) are all proving out to be what I had hoped. I've got the trem set now so that even with fairly aggressive dives it stays in tune. The noiseless pickups are single coil-ish enough in tone to satisfy my needs and most importantly are quiet. I honestly couldn't be happier with the guitar.

2. chromefree

chromefree New Member!

Strings for Jeff Beck Strat

Hi Guys,

I bought the Surf Green model last year and I love the guitar!

9s are recommended but I'm thinking of going to 10s.

Anyone tried this? Any precautions?

Thanks,

Pete

3. esphanneman

esphanneman Strat-Talk Member

I switched to 10s just this week (Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys). I had mine professionally done with the action set on the low side. Feels and sounds great!

4. petrucci

petrucci Commercial Suspension

Nice! Very nice! :)

5. purpurastrat

purpurastrat New Member!

Hi, I'm an owner of a Purple JB model...the neck is really thick

6. firebrand

firebrand Senior Stratmaster

That's how it happened to me. The first time I played mine was the last time thinking I could live without it. I would love to buy an Oly White to backup mine should the new gig pick up a decent number of shows.

7. firebrand

You'll love it. I have 10s on mine and with the beefy neck am considering 11s.

8. guitarman60

guitarman60 Senior Stratmaster

There are two Wilkinson nuts. The one for 9s has a bevel cut on the plain strings. 10s will not fit. Fender shipped early Jeff Beck models (like my 91) with the one for 9s. They send you one for 10s at your request. Now I have each. 10s will not go through the slot. They are far superior to the LSR as there are 2 sets of rollers. One for up pressure. One for down. Jeff has a collection of them so he never runs out. He still uses necks from the early version (unlike Fenders ad claims) and it is HUGE. Mine is larger than any Les Paul I've owned or played. My #1 guitar

9. albala

albala Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

pauln was kind enough to share this link for NOS Wilkinson Roller nuts in both sizes, they're probably $100 each or more

Wilkinson fender roller nut. This nut is original nos (new old stock) and comes in brushed chrome and polished chrome the choice is yours. the nut width is 1 11/16 inch (no other sizes) and we have nuts that accept 9-42 and 10-46 string guages, shims and instructions are not included.

Hardware / Fender Wilkinson Roller Nut Manufacturer & Wholesale Supplier From Usa - B. Hefner Company

10. guitarman60

Hey that's cool. I've heard of people searching for them. Funny the original manual states to clean them use paper or a letter in the grooves. Don't do that. Remove it and clean (soak) in a solvent, lube and dry. I've heard of problems of the rollers binding. Probably due to debris from cleaning them with paper. If working properly they will hang with any locking device. I've seen Jeff twice and he tortured his and never touched the tuners.

11. keef-riff

keef-riff Strat-Talk Member

I finally got a JB Strat, Surf Green...I love it. I had one of the older JB Strats with the fat neck & Lace pups, & I am digging this one much more.

12. firebrand

Cngrats!

13. guitarman60

I ordered this a month prior to Fender ads saying they would be producing it. (thanks to my dealer knowing I was a JB fan).. A very early (1991) Jeff Beck. My #1 Guitar. It's in near mint after 22 years of playing regularly.

Attached Files:

• Beck.jpg
      Beck.jpg
      File size:
      63.3 KB
      Views:
  14. gitboxslim

gitboxslim New Member!

what years did fender release the jeff beck strat in vintage white? also the smaller neck plate that had corona engraved?

15. vgallagher

vgallagher Strat-Talker

Just got a 2013 Jeff Beck Olympic White. Really really nice ax. Haven't played electric in over 25 years so pretty excited about having this. Also needed an amp so landed a nice new Blues Jr III Limited Edition with Celestion Greenback speaker.

Awesome tone - no pedals needed.

16. qblue

qblue Senior Stratmaster

That guitar is the reason I own a Strat Ultra. I saw and played a JB strat in Surf Green. I just figured I could save about $1000 by buying an Ultra. Both seem to be setup similarly with HSS. My Ultra with Laces is still my favorite Strat. At the time the neck was like a half sawn baseball bat; the Ultra has a modern C neck.

17. fenderJBstrat

fenderJBstrat Strat-O-Master

Here's my Jeff Beck. I got it used from Guitar Center in MINT condition. It's a 2001 in Surf Green, check it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. albala

albala Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

congrats fJBs

she's a beauty

19. fenderJBstrat

fenderJBstrat Strat-O-Master

thanks albala, and thanks for helping me find my guitar's year of production, I really appreciate it.

20. Strangher11

Strangher11 New Member!

Not sure what club i'm in .... lol
    Bought this beautiful 1993 Midnight Purple JB Strat on ebay, get it and omg .... it's got a three way mini toggle instead of the button switch and ..... the mini Fender Floyd Rose bridge, no TBX but has LSR roller nut and the to die for '93 JB neck .... if it's a frankinstein
    then I luvs me some frankinstein ....1100 bills and it's great
    so is it an Ultra w/a Beck neck anybody ??

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=b8563d681c&view=att&th=143303414a9d20fd&attid=0.2&disp=safe&zw

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.