1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

Jeff Beck Stratocaster Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Jimmy R, Jan 19, 2012.

1. TremoloJoe

TremoloJoe Strat-Talker

Don't forget the Surf Green Strat Club on page 5! There are a number of JBs there...

2. ChickNPickN

ChickNPickN New Member!

Been wanting to get this guitar for a decade. 1987 surf green Strat plus in the JB combo Surf and Rosewood. I made a custom strap to go with it which is what he used back then and still wears these days. 2” leather, Schaller strap locks and the 3 metal chevrons. Basically his main axe from 89-94. :D

4F94F940-1C0E-4D81-BB3F-6C975082C60B.jpeg

Tom34772 and albala like this.
  3. Jamnthang

Jamnthang New Member!

Good for you, esphanneman! I like and have owned Surf Green and Olympic White. For
    the last twenty years I've nearly always had one or both.

I got a new Surfer Buddy when I retired last year; and named him Mr JB Greene. They all play and feel distinctly special, if not better than all other Stratocasters... for me.

I will likely keep this the rest of my life, and add another Olympic White to my small collection when affordable to me. Perhaps the next will be a mint pre-owned JB Strat; simply to obtain economies of scale, after depreciation since I only buy Artist level JB's for my non-professional purposes.

So anyway, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your Jeff Beck Strat as much as most owners I know. I only just today joined. Heck, if I'd seen this sooner, I'd have already been a member.
    JamnThang

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  4. Jamnthang

Jamnthang New Member!

IMG_20200720_011741.jpg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  5. Jamnthang

Jamnthang New Member!

I usually adorn my JB Strats with genuine Fender Pearloid Moto White Pickguard and brighter chrome locking Fender/Schaller Tuners. I welcome feedback about its look.

6. Jamnthang

Jamnthang New Member!

7. Jamnthang

Jamnthang New Member!

JB uses Vint Agd Wht trem arm
    PN 009-493-4000
    Trem tip
    PN 099-493-3000
    Brdg saddle Aln .05"
    PN 001-853-1049
    Truss Aln 1/8"
    PN 002-381-1000
    Trem arm springs, $5.95 doz $6.95 flat ship PN 099-493-1000

8. Jamnthang

Jamnthang New Member!

Don't forget to buy the tiny tremolo arm springs; they are inserted into the bridge hole before you thread in the trem arm. The tension it creates help keep the arm where you tighten it to. Careful not to overtighten so as the extend spring life... They become compressed and less effective every few months (weeks) depending upon how frequently you get Olympic with your Tremolo Arm!! Good luck and Enjoy!