Jensen C12n speakers

Driftwood

Strat-Talker
Jun 8, 2021
Your moms
Sound like butt. Can't believe that was factory gear though this one is a reissue/replica. Gutless without any zing, even dimed. Heck, ain't even any volume there. I don't accept excuses.

That is all.

Intune

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
I have a pair of vintage c12q’s and their phenomenal. The reissue c12n’s can be harsh when new, broken they sound great. What amp and guitar are you using?

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Sound like butt. Can't believe that was factory gear though this one is a reissue/replica. Gutless without any zing, even dimed. Heck, ain't even any volume there. I don't accept excuses.

That is all.

Agenda Posting:
From time to time we get people that show up with an AGENDA. Usually, they feel they've been burned somewhere. Or they don't like something. Or they believe strongly in some cause. And they want to use our Forum Community to "warn", "inform" and "protect" our members. But what they really want to do is to use our Forum as their personal soapbox and megaphone.

Please be aware that we don't wish to have our community used by anyone for their personal soapbox to warn the world of anything.

Such "Agenda" posting with Beware, Warning, Don't Buy From, etc topics will be removed. If you've got a problem with a vendor, or online seller, etc then you need to work things out with them. Do NOT bring your problem to our Forum Community.

https://www.strat-talk.com/threads/strat-talk-rules-please-read-before-you-post.373080/

Sugarcane

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 24, 2014
On the road
Agenda Posting:
From time to time we get people that show up with an AGENDA. Usually, they feel they've been burned somewhere. Or they don't like something. Or they believe strongly in some cause. And they want to use our Forum Community to "warn", "inform" and "protect" our members. But what they really want to do is to use our Forum as their personal soapbox and megaphone.

Please be aware that we don't wish to have our community used by anyone for their personal soapbox to warn the world of anything.

Such "Agenda" posting with Beware, Warning, Don't Buy From, etc topics will be removed. If you've got a problem with a vendor, or online seller, etc then you need to work things out with them. Do NOT bring your problem to our Forum Community.

https://www.strat-talk.com/threads/strat-talk-rules-please-read-before-you-post.373080/

especially when it’s all about “hey, look at me, I’m bashing on a classic and all around praised piece of gear. Aren’t I cool?”

Driftwood

Strat-Talker
Jun 8, 2021
Your moms
Either you god a real bad knockoff or you need new ears

Or it just sounded bad.

I have a pair of vintage c12q’s and their phenomenal. The reissue c12n’s can be harsh when new, broken they sound great. What amp and guitar are you using?

Gibson 335 and Twin Reverb.

I actually gave the other one away I just didn't have another speaker to dump in there so in went the Jensen.

LOL, wut? Sorry no agenda. The Jensen just left a little to be desired and I have run many cheap speakers.

heltershelton

Vivamus libero Vivamus duris
Jun 5, 2013
Texas

That is all.
what did it come factory in?...... never mind..... posts have gone up since i clicked on this thread

Driftwood

Strat-Talker
Jun 8, 2021
Your moms
especially when it’s all about “hey, look at me, I’m bashing on a classic and all around praised piece of gear. Aren’t I cool?”

Reissue Jensens are really considered praised and classic speakers now?

Tough crowd, I just thought it sounded bad cranked. That means I have an agenda now? This world gets more warped daily.

what did it come factory in?

I don't know. I bought the amp used it was loaded with two of them but I had a k120 so I put that in there on one side and through a convoluted series of twists and turns the other jensen wound up back in there. It ain't a good combination. I didn't like the Jensen's to begin with so I gave one away when I blew up someone else's cheap blues junior speaker.

Driftwood

Strat-Talker
Jun 8, 2021
Your moms
Where were you at that you could dime a twin reverb, that must have been extremely loud!

A Marshall half stack is loud.

I was in my living room by myself. I think the Jensen is low efficiency it just wasn't that loud though I thought a K120 would make up for some of it. Thought wrong.

Stratoskater

Fuzz Meister General
Feb 8, 2011
Naked in NC
Or it just sounded bad.

Gibson 335 and Twin Reverb.

I actually gave the other one away I just didn't have another speaker to dump in there so in went the Jensen.

LOL, wut? Sorry no agenda. The Jensen just left a little to be desired and I have run many cheap speakers.

Many members are a bit skiddish right now. We’ve had a rash of troll threads and banned members lately and with that harsh of an opening and your location saying Your Moms many probably thought you were making a troll thread.

heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
Texas
Reissue Jensens are really considered praised and classic speakers now?

Tough crowd, I just thought it sounded bad cranked. That means I have an agenda now? This world gets more warped daily.

I don't know. I bought the amp used it was loaded with two of them but I had a k120 so I put that in there on one side and through a convoluted series of twists and turns the other jensen wound up back in there. It ain't a good combination. I didn't like the Jensen's to begin with so I gave one away when I blew up someone else's cheap blues junior speaker.
we have had some trolls lately.....if you have no agenda then pay it no mind.
i had a c12k in my 65drri and replaced it with a weber 50w 12f150. sounded really great, but then i found a very hard to come by eminence red fang and now the weber is in a box, lol.

Driftwood

Strat-Talker
Jun 8, 2021
Your moms
You want great sounding speakers for your twin? Eminence Swamp Thangs.

There isn't a reissue Jensen I'd use. Especially in a Twin.

Actually been wanting to try some neos I just don't have the coin to dump in there because of steel guitar rig related spending.

we have had some trolls lately.....if you have no agenda then pay it no mind.

I got no agenda. My post was a bit curt, my "no excuses" remark was mostly targeted towards the speaker not anyone with an opposing opinion, but I guess it could've been taken otherwise

I have some English G12 100 watt (I think) celestions in a cheaper Twin I bought. I thought "meh" until I tried them. They have taken a serious beating and sound pretty nice.

heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
Texas
Actually been wanting to try some neos I just don't have the coin to dump in there because of steel guitar rig related spending.

I got no agenda. My post was a bit curt, my "no excuses" remark was mostly targeted towards the speaker not anyone with an opposing opinion, but I guess it could've been taken otherwise

I have some English G12 100 watt (I think) celestions in a cheaper Twin I bought. I thought "meh" until I tried them. They have taken a serious beating and sound pretty nice.
i think celestions just keep getting better with use.

Latest posts