Journey Tab??

Discussion in 'Tab & Music Forum' started by Suthrn_BLU_Sman, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Suthrn_BLU_Sman

Suthrn_BLU_Sman Strat-O-Master

I know you guys probably dont like Journey but does anyone know how to play "Don't Stop Believing" or "When the Lights Go Down in the City"? I'd really like to figure out how to play the opening piano part to Dont Stop Believing on guitar but maybe someone else already has??

2. ncjeepinyj

ncjeepinyj Strat-Talker

3. Malikon

Malikon Dark Cabaret

I love the slow electric lick that starts building up then rushing around the 1 minute mark in that song, it starts creeping in then gets louder and faster, starts rushing, then screams! Even as a kid that was always my favorite part.

Neal Schon (spelling?) is really a monster player, I love that he doesn't show it off though, it's always about the song. I gotta respect the hell out of that.

Seems like you could tap that bass line in single notes and tap the higher melody with your right hand pretty easily. Might have to play around with that later.

Neat post, I haven't heard that song in a long time, I'd kind of forgotten about it.

Edit: Just took a look at that tab posted to see if I could tap both parts and thought I should point out that tab is wrong. (wrong tab on the internet? so it aint so?!)

The left hand bass part is correct, but the right hand is in another key rooted in F instead of E like the bassline. Sounds awful if you play them both. Move all the right hand parts down one half step.

Actually I'm kinda bored since I don't work till tonight, let me tab out a more classical (instead of tapping) arrangement for ya sir. :)

4. Malikon

Malikon Dark Cabaret

Here you go, this is kinda fun. My software won't let me add different note values so I couldn't make the bass notes the kind I wanted so I awkwardly put ties in with MSPaint, (I know, primitive) but you know how the song sounds so you know the bass notes should ring. Personally I'd use the middle and ring fingers of my right hand for the E,B, strings, my index and middle fingers for the G,B, strings, and thumb for the bassline. Hope it helps and of course, please have fun. :)

[​IMG]

5. Suthrn_BLU_Sman

Suthrn_BLU_Sman Strat-O-Master

Wow. I had completely forgotten about this. I really appreciate the help!

6. Malikon

Malikon Dark Cabaret

no problem
    :)