Just mowed 3 lawns

Boubou

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2009
Montreal
Did mine as usual, then did the front yard of the neighbours, they are gone for a month, so I don’t want the house to look abandoned. Then did the old man across the street, I know the neighbours that are gone for a month do his lawn once in a while. So 92 years old he told me he aged a lot in the last 2 months, his legs are gone. He said his kids dont help him much, son phones every 8 months, etc.
He has a bracelet in case he falls , the other day he fell besides his bed and didn’t dare use the bracelet not to upset his daughter, so he slept on the floor, he knew she was coming the next day.
Dont want to bore you but come on people, try to remember who changed your diapers and sent you to school.
I spent so much time taking care of my parents (mom passes last January) my dad still going but highly dependent.
Anyways, the neighbour told me he is looking for a place with assisted living.
For me it’s pretty easy, we have no kids so we are on our own.

abnormaltoy

Mouth draggin' knuckle breather
Apr 28, 2013
Tucson
Good man!

It's sad about the old fella across the street, I used to live a couple of doors down from an old fella that I would check on every couple days if I didn't hear from him. One one day while he was on the can he had a mild stroke, and couldn't get up. So the next day I went to check on him, he didn't answer the door so I use my key to let myself in. Let me tell you bubba you haven't lived until you helped an 87-year-old man off of the toilet, with his pants and shorts down around his ankles.

Boubou

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2009
Montreal
. Let me tell you bubba you haven't lived until you helped an 87-year-old man off of the toilet, with his pants and shorts down around his ankles.
Did some thing similar with my mom. Yeah
Anyways, its not like i am a saint, I cut his grass, but, its sad that his children are not taking proper care of him. Anyways, I'll keep my eye on him, gave him my phone number, told him, i am just across the street I can be there in 1 minute

ThreeChordWonder

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 2, 2020
Cypress TX
Good man!

It's sad about the old fella across the street, I used to live a couple of doors down from an old fella that I would check on every couple days if I didn't hear from him. One one day while he was on the can he had a mild stroke, and couldn't get up. So the next day I went to check on him, he didn't answer the door so I use my key to let myself in. Let me tell you bubba you haven't lived until you helped an 87-year-old man off of the toilet, with his pants and shorts down around his ankles.
I had a couple of friends in Scotchland, Andy and Ingrid, keen sports bike riders. Ingrid got sied- swiped off the road back in about 2001. The bike hit a stone wall, she went flying through the air, arms out stretched, and broke both wrists when she landed. Apparently true love is wiping your wife's behind for her...😁

nosmo

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 13, 2020
Amber
Yeah, I agree. Good on ya, Boubou, for being the stand-up guy.

This time four years ago, my fiance had three lumbar vertibrae fused, a few days hospital stay, then a couple weeks at home needing assistance. Actually was up and about quicker than I would have thought, but she did need assistance with a few things that lead to new levels of intimacy.

Two words for the aged.....adult diapers.

Stratbats

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 16, 2018
WV
I got off work early yesterday and mowed a neighbors yard. Pretty much the same scenario. I'd like to say that it's a rare case, but I've mowed more than one neighbors yard. It is what it is, as the saying goes...

Stratafied

Dr. Stratster
Oct 29, 2019
North of South
Good man!

Yer a good man. I help the 86 year olds across the street from me as well.

StratUp

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
When I was a young kid, the guy across the street used to hire every kid in the neighbor hood to work on his yard on Saturday. He'd pay you based on age and experience... and you got jobs suited to your age. The king of all jobs was when you were old enough to drive the ride on tractor/mower.

Fast forward a number of years. He passes away in his late 40's. I'm an older teen. So when I snowblow my parent's driveway, I head across the street and do their double drive so the widow and her (older than me) daughter didn't have to worry about it. Did every storm for many years.

Never once did I even get a thank you. I still did it. But not once.

Stratafied

Dr. Stratster
Oct 29, 2019
North of South
When I was a young kid, the guy across the street used to hire every kid in the neighbor hood to work on his yard on Saturday. He'd pay you based on age and experience... and you got jobs suited to your age. The king of all jobs was when you were old enough to drive the ride on tractor/mower.

Fast forward a number of years. He passes away in his late 40's. I'm an older teen. So when I snowblow my parent's driveway, I head across the street and do their double drive so the widow and her (older than me) daughter didn't have to worry about it. Did every storm for many years.

Never once did I even get a thank you. I still did it. But not once.
Great gesture, but I just don’t understand people who can’t thank a good deed. A sincere thanks is as good as $$

guitarface

Most Honored Senior Member
Nov 11, 2012
New Jersey
Good man!

I k ow these two guys that went to their 92 year old grandmother’s apartment to take her out to dinner, found her dead on the toilet.