Just snagged one of the last available pedals from *redacted*

GhostJam47

Strat-O-Master
Apr 21, 2021
Seattle
I recently sold my *redacted *Full-Drive2 for like $80, at apparently the worst possible time for market value.

It had been sitting in a closet for a while, simply because its size.

Was debating between a mini-TS and the FD1 and (for various reasons) went with the mini-TS, which is great, but doesn't quite have all the mojo of the FD.

Since I heard *redacted* was shutting down, started worrying it was now or never on the FD1 (certainly not paying a premium for it). Basically everyone of their pedals is old out in the States and resale prices are now exorbitant (my old FD2's value basically tripled).

A kind soul at the TGP let me know there's still some stock floating around UK retailers. I was able to find one, but pickings are getting quite slim over there as well.

Recommend checking out some UK retailers if you're hoping to pick one-up before these go the way of the do-do bird.

Oldiemurphy

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 23, 2022
Austin, TX
The "redacted" genuinely made me laugh out loud.

Also, Josh Scott did a JHS show the other night about *redacted* closing down and whether it meant the end of the boutique pedal era. I'm sorry, but what? It was the most convoluted, quasi soul searching episode ever...or at least the 10 minutes that I managed to sit through. There are more pedal makers now than ever, and the majority are small operations.

GhostJam47

Strat-O-Master
Apr 21, 2021
Seattle
The "redacted" genuinely made me laugh out loud.

Also, Josh Scott did a JHS show the other night about *redacted* closing down and whether it meant the end of the boutique pedal era. I'm sorry, but what? It was the most convoluted, quasi soul searching episode ever...or at least the 10 minutes that I managed to sit through. There are more pedal makers now than ever, and the majority are small operations.
I like his stuff but can't sit through the unscripted 45 minute ones.

I did see a post of his that summarized part of the point, which was basically when Fuller started out, and to a lesser degree JHS, EQD, etc. there was NO infrastructure in terms of sourcing parts, getting enclosures built, etc.

Nowadays, there are online-stores where you can buy all the transistors, etc. in one spot, get enclosures built and screen-printed relatively cheaply even in small amounts, etc.

Stratoskater

Fuzz Meister General
Feb 8, 2011
Naked in NC
Lol, people asking $250 for a FD2, that’s crazy. It’s a modded tube screamer, Wampler just dropped a modded TS, JHS has not that does like nine of em. Fuller made a good vibe (although jrocketts new one is better) and fuzzes (although Analogman is way better) but there’s a zillion other pedals out there to fill his spot no problem. Also unlike true rare pedals like a Klon, there are hundreds of thousands of OCD and FD2 pedals out there. I owned one a few years ago with a serial # in the 130,000 range. Fuller very much mass produced these.

Oldiemurphy

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 23, 2022
Austin, TX
I like his stuff but can't sit through the unscripted 45 minute ones.

I did see a post of his that summarized part of the point, which was basically when Fuller started out, and to a lesser degree JHS, EQD, etc. there was NO infrastructure in terms of sourcing parts, getting enclosures built, etc.

Nowadays, there are online-stores where you can buy all the transistors, etc. in one spot, get enclosures built and screen-printed relatively cheaply even in small amounts, etc.
It's a good point about availability/sourcing.

Josh can be genuinely funny and informative. But I often find myself skimming through his shows these days.

Della Street

Mtrat-O-Saster
Platinum Supporting Member
Jan 9, 2022
USA
this gives me a slight glimmer of hope. just to confirm - you are of opinion that there is a chance we will survive the closing of "redacted"?

AlexTel

New Member!
Jun 9, 2019
Columbus, GA
it's a false market, the prices willl come down because there are so many. All the hype train people will try to sell theirs and the uninformed will over pay..............

They are good but it's just a market knee jerk reaction. As someone who deals in vintage equipment quite often, it's just a bank run. Just because someone asks for a certain price doesn't mean they are all worth the same.........

Version, serial number, and the pedal themselves are what people look for, not just the name
oh yeah, the company was Fulltone

Stratoskater

Fuzz Meister General
Feb 8, 2011
Naked in NC
I guess I missed what happened.

Must have been that filthy 8-letter word.
Nothing new happened since fuller got himself booted from GC 18 months ago. He’s now decided to close up shop and posted a goodbye letter. Then everyone suddenly thought his pedals would be unobtainable and prices went nuts. Stupidity, five years ago I had an ocd with serial number in the 130,000 range, there’s tons and tons of his mainstay pedals out there.

Tremdaddy

Strat-Talker
Sep 18, 2020
North Hollywood, California
I found the Fulltone line kinda hit or miss. Really like:
1) my original '69 big box fuzz (except for that crazy reversed power supply, lol).
2) my OCD 1.3 signed by Rico.
3) my Clyde Deluxe wah, don't like the big treadle though.
4) the Fulltone guitar cables, they sound great.
Really don't like:
1) the '70 fuzz pedal, sounds like ****e, imo
2) the GT-500, sounds like ****e, imo
Meh:
1) Fulldrive - meh, if I want a Tube Screamer I'll use one. Much prefer the Klon, Bluesbreaker, Timmy, Lovepedal Eternity, etc.

Raiders757

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 2, 2016
Virginia
Very true. I used to sell and trade football cards and NASCAR diecast cars. You have to strike while the market is hot and no mater what you ask for anything, you're only going to get what the market is willing to pay. The downturn of NASCAR's popularity left me with shelves and boxes full of diecast cars. Some were once valued at a hundred or a two hundred a pop. Some even more. Now I would be lucky to $25 or $50 for them. Only ones that held any market value are the Dale Sr. ones.

That said, I have several Fulltone pedals (yea, I said it) and I don't plan to get rid of anyone of them any time soon. The weakest link in the bunch is the 70's Fuzz.