Keith Jarrett Unlikely to Play Again

nickmsmith

Dr. Stratster
Jul 28, 2011
USA
I'm sure he could still play better than most, with one hand.

With layering, he could still do it. It wouldn't be the same, but it would be possible.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
When something, anything, robs us of our passion, our love, our sense of self, but has the cruelty of leaving the desire and memory in its wake...

There's only one sorrow that runs deeper, but that sorrow we heal from. The loss of our ability is something from which we never really heal.

Welcome back, I missed you, and that was all so perfectly true and horrible. :D

BallisticSquid

Most Honored Senior Member
Oct 12, 2016
US
That's really sad to hear! I had no idea about the strokes. I discovered his music when I bought "The Koln Concert" at a used record store on a whim. It blew me away!!! His improvisational concerts are just mesmerizing. His treatment of audiences is the stuff of legend. I have a bunch of bootleg concert recordings and on one of them, he stopped the concert and lead the audience in a "group cough" to help them get it out. On another one he stopped playing and had security remove an audience member after they took a flash photo. In fairness, they were told "no photography".

An interesting bit of trivia...he lives 15 minutes away from me in a relatively rural area of NJ.

montemerrick

no earthly reason why
Apr 13, 2015
300 miles from anywhere.
That's really sad to hear! I had no idea about the strokes. I discovered his music when I bought "The Koln Concert" at a used record store on a whim. It blew me away!!! His improvisational concerts are just mesmerizing. His treatment of audiences is the stuff of legend. I have a bunch of bootleg concert recordings and on one of them, he stopped the concert and lead the audience in a "group cough" to help them get it out. On another one he stopped playing and had security remove an audience member after they took a flash photo. In fairness, they were told "no photography".

An interesting bit of trivia...he lives 15 minutes away from me in a relatively rural area of NJ.
I need to get a copy of The Köln Concert... also, i was born and raised in rural NJ... cumberland county...