Keyboards???

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Dark13579, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Dark13579

Dark13579 Strat-Talker

I have been wanting to get a keyboard because I have been playing piano at my church and my friends house for a while and am getting a lot better but I want something I can play at home. To any of you that know, any suggestions for a cheap one? I don't really want any FX or rythms or songs. Just something that sounds like a piano but portable. Trying to keep it under $250.

2. mseals

mseals Strat-Talker

Wow, under $250 AND sounds like a piano? Look for a used Roland RD-100 or maybe (maybe not) a Roland RD-150. Both are great keyboards, and the sound is great.

I would STRONGLY suggest that you not go 'on the cheap' for a keyboard...Some of the Yamaha DGX-series sound ok, and are probably closer to your price range...

The main thing is PLAY IT FIRST! Make sure all the keys work, and don't forget your Amp will contribute as much to the sound as the keyboard will. A 15-watt practice amp with a six- or eight-inch speaker won't handle it.

Also, make sure you ask for the pedal. If it's missing, you can easily spend $30 or more replacing it.

As long as the keyboard you chose produces the sound and has the feel you want... get it.

Mike in Kuwait

3. platypibri

platypibri Senior Stratmaster