Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Laughing Gas is Awesome

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Guy Named Sue, May 17, 2017.

1. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    I need to tell you guys what I've been up to the last month, you wouldn't believe it. It starts with me trying to help my wife at the house, she needed a big suitcase taken down from the attic so I helped out. What she never told was that the case was filled with cement it, I'm literally trying to make it look easy. I lost the balance on my way the ladder and fell down with the case on top of me.

So I messed up my back really bad, it sucks the pain man, I can't really compare it with anything. Anyway at the hospital they fix me up I spend a week there and they send me off home with bunch of pain killers.

Not 24 hours go by, I'm not kidding and I'm back at the hospital. I took some painkillers and took a warm bath at home, on my way out of the tub I slip and fell.

Now I fracture my femoral neck. This didn't actually hurt that bad, maybe cause the painkillers I don't know. So now I'm alone at the house, laying naked on the bathroom floor with a femoral neck fracture a messed up back and full of painkillers.

At the hospital they gave Laughing Gas while examining me. Wholly baby Jesus on top of a flying monkey, that stuff is awesome! I loved it, anything and I tell you anything I would think about would just pop up in front of me in 3D. It was like a wonderful dream but 3D and you were in charge. Amazing!

So here I'm now waiting for my surgery and I'm hooked to a painkiller machine with a knob I control it from. Thought I'd get in here and say Hey, I might be having really bad luck but I ain't Dead!

What did I miss?

2. s5tuart

s5tuart Bop-It Instructor. Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    Ha ha! Press that knob a few times mate! Good luck!!! :D

3. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Holy crap…

Glad you’re ok.

Yes laughing gas is awesome.

Guy Named Sue likes this.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    They got a stupid time lock on it lol ain't that bad though it's the good stuff. Sweet dreams are made of this

6. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    I really underestimated that shiet I thought it was like helium or something boy

nuculer terrist likes this.

7. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

dude thats some news alright!

glad to hear you arent typing this in the nude on your bathroom floor!

and yes. laughing gas... is some pretty great stuff.

8. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    In my mind I am.

StillAlive&Well likes this.

9. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    LOL

Back in High school when I lived down in Florida, a buddy somehow had the jewels to attempt to take a tank from a hospital and actually got it back to his folks apartment. There were a LOT of punks with balloons around the courtyard that week.

10. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2014
    Frog, Texas
    Laughing gas sounds like, well, a gas. I could have used some a couple of weeks ago when I hurt my back. Not in anywhere near as dramatic a fashion as you. I dropped my keys and bent over quickly to pick 'em up. I'm just now able to walk upright. Bend at the knees, bend at the knees. I know but I didn't. I paid for it.
    Ain't dead is always good.
    You might have missed this...
    https://www.strat-talk.com/threads/mim-60s-special-edition-crap.435503/

11. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

that goes for two of us bud. keep up the good work

12. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    I had no idea back pain would be so painful. I hate to hear that I hope you're better now. I'll take a look at the thread

13. CaseCandy

CaseCandy Senior Stratmaster

May 9, 2015
    UK/Ireland
    The kids leave little piles of the canisters around the streets where they've been messing with the stuff.

14. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    I didn't know you can buy laughing gas.

tery likes this.

15. LRS!

LRS! Strat-Talker

Aug 27, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Glad you're ok. I can tell from experience morphine is great as well (had that after surgery for an achilles tendon rupture). In the end, after being patched up, you realise how lucky you really are being born in the 20th century!!!!
    Take care and rock on!!!!

JustABluesGuy and Guy Named Sue like this.

16. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2014
    Frog, Texas
    I remember being much younger and working on a beer truck. Lots of heavy lifting and bending. I always thought the old guys were just milking the dog and making the kid do all the work when they complained about their backs hurting. I know better now.

LRS! and Guy Named Sue like this.

17. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    lol I know exactly what you mean brother

18. Ditchgator

Ditchgator Strat-Talker

YEOW!:(
    Glad to hear the hospital is taking good care of you.
    Are you wearing a neck halo?
    Hope all goes well and you have a quick and forever stable future.
    Aren't you glad that your guitar playing hands didn't get messed up?:thumbd:

19. tery

tery Senior Stratmaster

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    :eek: Don't do that anymore ! . . .

20. guitarman1984

guitarman1984 Senior Stratmaster

Jul 24, 2013
    Italy
    So you gotta GAS growing?!?!
    ;)
    Good luck!!!

21. BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Strat-O-Master

Oct 12, 2016
    US
    Damn...good luck!

I had laughing gas when I was a kid having teeth removed in preparation for braces. All it did for me was make it so I didn't care what was going on and I was on about a 1 minute delay LOL. There I was lying in the chair thinking "this stuff isn't doing anything for me...I wonder when they are going to start?" Then I hear "CLANG!!". WTF was that!?!?! Then my head is rocking back and forth and I hear a creaking noise. "Oh, that clang was them dropping my tooth in the tray!". Next thing I know, they are done...and I float out the door with my mom trying to keep me from walking into things :).

Get well soon!

Chont likes this.