Join Strat-Talk Today

Least expensive new playable Bass! ($75 wow)

Discussion in 'Ace's BASS Place' started by Green Sub, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Green Sub

Green Sub Strat-Talker

I ran across a thread at another Bass only forum talking about inexpensive playable basses. The Glarry rose to the forefront with their made in China Glarry P-Bass and Jazz Bass models at only $75 which includes FedEx Ground shipping out of New Jersey.

I was so skeptical until I started watching YouTube videos of the Glarry basses. I just had to role the dice and my Dark Blue P-Bass arrived today. I lined it up against my Fender2019 Player Series P-Bass. OMG, just like in the videos this bass actually plays and carries a tune.

Anyway just sharing. Do a little googling, just amazing for $75

https://m.glarrymusic.com/glarry-precision-electric-bass-guitar-p7.html

Here is my Sonic Red Player Series next to my Dark Blue Glarry

[​IMG]

3bolt79 likes this.
  2. Miotch

Miotch Senior Stratmaster

Thanks for the tip. Always wanted a bass around for when I record. If at all playable, ought to beat using guitar and then using DAW to lower it an octave. Let me know when you find a decent bass amp for $75.

Green Sub likes this.
  3. jvin248

jvin248 Senior Stratmaster

You did the right thing getting a P-bass version. I heard from a session bassist that if you show up to a session without a P-bass, no matter how many other basses you bring, they send you home and call the next guy on the list.

Looks good and I bet after a good setup and maybe a little fretwork you've got a solid player.

We are going to see more of these types of instruments at these prices show up in the market -- with Amazon the factories can sell direct, cutting out the dealer/distributor and the regular retailer markups that would have taken this guitar from $75 to $250-$300 easy. The factory is getting paid the same no matter which channel the guitar is sold through.

Green Sub likes this.
  4. Green Sub

Green Sub Strat-Talker

Great example where a $75 bass is the perfect gig ticket. This guy needed a bass for a Memorial Day church performance. A white Glarry P-Bass with red, white, and blue strings fit the bill.

5. pgjstrat

pgjstrat Strat-Talker

Do they have a Jazz style bass?

EDIT - never mind....I found them. I believe I will be buying one of these. Sunburst Jazz style bass for $75 shipped!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Green Sub likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.