Join Strat-Talk Today

Levinson Blade RH-2 Classic

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Hellalive, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Hellalive

Hellalive New Member!

Hi!

I've just purchased the killer Blade RH-2 Classic in ocean blue. Absolutely amazing guitar. It's from the early era before the Fender lawsuit (can tell by the Fender head), original pickups, actually everything is original. What's a decent price for those? I've seen them go for £700-900.

Just wanna know if I made a good deal.

Cheers!

2. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Was there a lawsuit? Pics would be nice please. ;)

3. Hellalive

Hellalive New Member!

Yeah, that's why they changed the shape of the head, the early models had a Fender type of head, newer models hasn't.

Attached Files:

4. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

That doesn't mean there was a lawsuit. Tokai changed their headstock shape (at least for the US market) but there never was a lawsuit, despite the claims that many people make.

Nice colour.

5. Hellalive

Hellalive New Member!

The information I've found is that there was a lawsuit, or maybe they changed the head to avoid a lawsuit, either way they changed it. :)

6. OldGuitarPlayer

OldGuitarPlayer Strat-O-Master

There was no "Fender lawsuit". The only company that was sued or threatened with a lawsuit was Ibanez in the 1970's and that was because they were making copies of Gibson guitars using the "open book" style headstock that has been used by Gibson for decades. Martin also threatened to sue Takamine in the late 1970's due to not just using the same headstcok shape but the same logo script as Martin. Takamine changed their headstcok shape and logo shortly after.

Now...everyone with a 1970's Japanese made off branded strat thinks they have a "lawsuit" guitar.

7. Dont_Fret_None

Dont_Fret_None Strange Stringer Strat-Talk Supporter

Nice Blade :0)

I had a Swiss studio musician stay with me for a few months, several years back, while he did some work with an area band. I was thoroughly impressed with his Blade. I had not previously seen one up close.

8. Hellalive

Hellalive New Member!

Thanx!

After what I've heard it's amazing guitars, well built (especially the early ones) and even though they are expensive "boutique" guitars they're definitely worth every penny. Soon to find out, as soon as it arrives. :D

9. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Nice guitar! I've never owned one of the Strat-types but I had a Tele-type from maybe 1995 and it was generally very well made, with a useful preamp to expand the tonal selection.

They aren't easy to value. New, the nearest equivalent sells for about €850 (less if you really shop around) and the older ones aren't far behind, as you know. Occasionally, they sell on a 'bad day' for a lot less. I'm guessing that's because not everyone knows what they are, whereas the whole world has an idea as to what a Fender should sell for.

10. Hellalive

Hellalive New Member!

Yeah, the VSC preamp is killer invention.

You're right, when it comes to old and used gear it's all up to who is buying and when he/she buys it.
    For someone the guitar isn't worth more than say €400 but for a collector who has all the other colors and only missing just this one, it's priceless. Not that I'm planning to sell it, but I bought it for a criminal low price.

11. OldGuitarPlayer

OldGuitarPlayer Strat-O-Master

Congrats! That is a nice looking guitar and I love the colour. I also like the 2 control knob configuration with one tone & volume. I just picked up a cheap Yamaha SE112 SSH strat with the same type of control setup and I really like it. I think I might set up my other strat like that.

12. Hellalive

Hellalive New Member!

Yeah, I like it simple. And there's a push/push to split the humbucker and ofcourse the magic VSC switch where you can boost either treble/bass or mids up to 6db.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.